Starts Intermittenly

Question - If I have a bad ignition control unit module - would it be the most likely cause for a SC400 to start most of the time and some times not? It cost about $150.00 to replace this module - The car runs normally and the dealer says he can not trouble shoot a car operating normally - I just thought maybe one of my fellow SC400 owners could provide some advise or if they expeieced similar problems and the corrective action they took.

Your ignitor might effect starting but it is not the usual suspect. You should be able to do a conituity check on it and know. Chances are, if your ignitor was bad, your car won't start at all. More likely the sustpect is the solenoid in your starter. The contacts are wearing out. Eventually, they will wear down to the point that your car will not start at all. Happened to me on my '93 SC. Has happened to a few other SC4 guys here. Problem is, your starter on the SC4 is much more work to get to than on the SC3. Best of luck.