Help Finding "main" Oxygen Sensor

I used the information from Batauto to read my Diagnostic Trouble Code, which came up as a 28: "Main 02S" I assume that's the Main Oxygen Sensor. Since I have never worked on this car ('95 GS300), I'm not sure which is the "Main" sensor. Based on other posts on this forum, I can expect to find 4 sensors when I crawl under the car.

Can someone tell me how to figure out which sensor(s) I should replace?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I used the information from Batauto to read my Diagnostic Trouble Code, which came up as a 28: "Main 02S" I assume that's the Main Oxygen Sensor. Since I have never worked on this car ('95 GS300), I'm not sure which is the "Main" sensor. Based on other posts on this forum, I can expect to find 4 sensors when I crawl under the car.

Thanks!

If i'm not mistaken i think that there is only one o2 sensor on that car. Put your car on a lift and look at the factory manifold. follow it down to just befor the cat. the sensore shoud be in this general area.

Hey Dragon

Your 02 sensors on a gs300 are in the exhaust manifolds,they are accessed from under the hood on the passenger side just look down and you will see them (2 manifolds 3 cylinders each) one sensor on each manifold. I would suggest replacing them both at this time as replacing one just causes the other one to trip a code turning that nasty check engine light again. I would also suggest doing this when the engine is cold so they dont strip out using some penetrating oil like wd40 helps also.If they are stubborn be easy and dont force them(they are prone to stripping) loosen a little and then tighten a little a few times and they should come out.Maybe you will get lucky and they will come right out.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

I looked into it today. you fure sure have two o2 sensors on you manifold. They are at the collector. That is the spot just before the two manifold go into one pipe.

• 3 weeks later...

Would this be the same for a RX300. I was told the O2 sensors (both) should be changed. I am thinking of changing them myself and wanted to know how difficult it would be. Onced changed will I have to reset the error code?

Would this be the same for a RX300. I was told the O2 sensors (both) should be changed. I am thinking of changing them myself and wanted to know how difficult it would be. Onced changed will I have to reset the error code?

No, it would not be due to the fact the the GS300 in in inline 6 and the RX is a V6. You to would still have the O2 sensors just on a different location on your manifold.

Now is this the "air fule ratio sensor" i was told they were $300 each. Any place to buy them cheaper?

ya for the most part it is. As far as price, you may want to look at the following site. You should most likely pay anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks each. Follow the link below for priceing. Or just do a web search for various OEM type units.

http://oxygensensors.com/index.php?ref=Google