Ls = One Of The Best Wet Weather Vehicles!

K9crew

I've had my LS since last November and have put about 7,000 miles on it. I have mismatched tires and have ordered Bridgestone Potenza S-03 245/45/18 tires for my new 18" rims. However, even with mismatched tires this LS is without question one of the best wet weather cars that I've ever driven. We've had terrible weather for the past few months in Hawaii but when I'm caught in a downpour (a lot recently) this car feels incredible. I can't really put my finger on why it inspires such confidence ... maybe it's the weight or the limited slip or the suspension, but whatever it is I like it!!

:)

Well, I guess this "LS advantage, in rain" rules over the "LS disadvantage, in snow."

Luckily we don't have any snow over here ... well, at least not below 9,000 feet!! Rear wheel drive vehicles have always been a problem in the snow and if I lived in a state where snow was common I'd buy an AWD vehicle ... probably a BMW 5 series.

:)

I haven't had that much trouble with my LS in snow. I've had to make some rules for both of my rear-wheel beauties, and have turned into a Marylander(drive slow in snow, and afraid to drive) compared to driving my G20 up north. Otherwise, driving in both snow and rain is great.

Since my LS has Aquatred III tires, it is excellent in rain. I have driven it in the snow only a couple of times, but it wan't too bad. With the positraction it does break loose easily if you get on it. As long as you are familar with driving posi, it isn't a problem. When I was growing in in central NY, we use to have hours of posi-fun in the winter. We would get together with friends and go out "sliding around."

However, high horsepower, high performance vehicles aren't know for good snow performance. unless you run Blizzard type winter sneakers. AWD is much better across the board for that stuff. Luckily, I don't need it. Not much snow in VB. We can't go above 9,000' since the highest spot in VB is maybe 30' above sea level.

93LS- Your car only has whats called TRAC, its a traction control system that helps spinning from a stop. Starting in 98 the LS has whats called VSC which includes a yaw skid control system that corrects for slides, oversteer, understeer etc.

I have an SC and its stability in the rain surprised and impressed me - it's the best handling car in the rain I've ever owned (and that includes front wheel drive cars). One thing though, we had some icy roads the other day and the car wouldn't stop sliding out while other cars on the road didn't seem to have as bad of a time, but in all fairness, I think the TRAC control isn't working right now.