Rx400H Engine Shudder Problem

The GS is a great car, although I'm heading in the opposite direction for a garage mate to the RX400h and Mazda MX5 PRHT.

I'm thinking of selling the Corvette and buying a Mazda 3S GT (184 HP/184 lbs-ft TQ). It is not nearly as quick as the Corvette, but is very close to the RX400h in terms of acceleration. Fuel mileage and crash safety ratings are stellar and it'll handle as well as a 3-series BMW at half the price. The amazing thing is that with the technology package, the Mazda 3 is more advanced than 99% of vehicles on the road. All for $25K. How's this for high-tech features?

Heads up display

Blind spot monitoring

Lane change (drifting) monitoring

Auto low beam headlights (when vehicle is approaching)

Radar cruise control that auto-slows for vehicle in front of you

Auto closing grill for improved aerodynamics at highway speeds

Auto rain sensing wipers

Dual climate with led display in each control knob

All the other amenities, like moon roof, one-touch up and down windows, etc

We still love our Lexus (which averages 25-27 MPG), but variety is the spice of life!

It seems that every time one of their vehicles is released, it gets accolades from every car magazine. They definitely emphasize handling/economy over vault-like quietness and cushy ride, but that's why they compliment a Lexus so well.

Rx400h, that sounds like a lot of car for the money! I'm not aware of any other manufacturers that offer a car with those features for such a small price tag! A buddy of mine has been looking to buy a mazda speed 3... what an animal of a car that is!

Cdu,

Yes, it's amazing what you can get by checking off the technology package. I forgot to mention the super capacitor, which bumps up MPG a bit. I believe there is also optional ultrasonic backup sensor that is integrated with the backup camera. My understanding is that it displays distance to object, but I'm not positive about that. The current Mazdaspeed version is actually part of the last generation, and as such, does not have Skyactive engine technology. Fuel mileage is far lower, but power is impressive.