2014 Lexus Is350 Awd-Sport Top Speed

I'm curious about the top speed of the IS models. I've read 144mph on a few sites and 111mph on a couple for the is350's..

A Honda Civic pulled beside me today and revved his engine. I entertained him. I haven't really put the engine to the test--I just got it for my B-day in February--not even 1200 miles on it. I reached 60 in about 5.5 sec. and he was barely visible in my rear view mirror by 105 mph. But I did see my tachometer begining to glow red. (I coasted and slowed down... Amazing brakes by the way and those gears do hold on corners!) Anyway...

I peeped inside the user manual and I read the tachometer has a range of 30mph-100mph... She still drives purrrrfect, won't be doing that again because I don't want to damage her in anyway... But does anyone have an answer or approximation?

Check out my ride in the attachments.

post-155067-0-27900000-1395644013_thumb.

post-155067-0-47505000-1395644360_thumb.

post-155067-0-21504500-1395644616_thumb.

I can tell you that at least on the RWD F Sport is more than 111, and the Speedometer goes above 100, I got it to 120 yesterday in a flash! I am doing some testing with the car in a few weeks for some mods and I will let you know what my baseline is once I have all the numbers.

Nice, I really liked the the 8 speed on that model. AWD was a sure way to go living out in Seattle and polar vortexes back east. It definitely broke a 100 with ease and had plenty more to floor it. Apparently there are different rpm settings and you can disable the speedometer range and glowing effect. Definitely will have to do this again on a longer straight a way. I believe 'em when they say 144mph.

What mods by the way?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The original IS350 came out as 2006 model year in rear wheel drive form only. The data panel in Road and Track article showed 142 as top speed, noting that it was "electronically limited". But that's some time ago, even if it's the same engine.