How To Get Car Key For My Lexus1998 Gs 300 Without Spending Too Much B

I am canvassing for ideas as to how to go about getting a key for my Lexus GS300 without spending a lot of money. I have been quoted anywhere between $150 to $500 depending on what need to be done by a Lexus Dealer on the phone . Perhaps someone can explain the process what I need to do? I know there are always people who have been through the hoops so I am requesting for an easy solution? This is not am emergency I am currently using my valet key to drive , but would require a new one soon.

If you need a transponder, (or should I just say if you need a key thats programmed for another car, that wont fit in your ignition) ive got a set Ill let go for a good deal just pm me. Essentially if you purchase a key like the ones ive got, youd get the actual portion that goes into your ignition as a blank, and you'd get that made, like the process of house key copy,) then you'd just get someone, or the dealer, pretty sure theres a lot of people that do it for cheap. program the transponder part of the actual key to work with your car...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What I've done was purchased that key like some of the German vehicles have. Got it off ebay. When you push the button the key flips out of the key shell. Had it cut & put my transponder chip inside. Think I paid $20 for the key & a guy cut the key for $20. That was over a yr ago & with no problems.