I have a F-Sport with ML sound system, but want a deeper bass.

Do anyone know if its possible to connect a sub to the existing system with some wiring?

I have a F-Sport with ML sound system, but want a deeper bass.

Do anyone know if its possible to connect a sub to the existing system with some wiring?

Hi Lasse and welcome.

I can swear I answered your question yesterday, but apparently for some reason it didn't get posted for this thread. Sorry.

Yes. You can add a or just upgrade your presant sub. The speakers for the ML are 4 ohmn's impedance. The entire network of speakers is match precsiesly by a crossover network. If you add a sub without matching the network you'll have junk for sound. Most installations for this sub replacement runs the power from the front back to the trunk where a seperate amplfier is placed just for the sub.

Come back and let us know how things are going and how it works out.

Paul

Thanks Paul!

So you mean its not a good idea to place a box with one or 2 12" in the back?

Its better to replace the subs and use the present amp?

Is there anyone who have done it or are Im the first one?

Thanks Paul!

So you mean its not a good idea to place a box with one or 2 12" in the back?

Its better to replace the subs and use the present amp?

Is there anyone who have done it or are Im the first one?

I have a " Kicker Sub-Station", that measuer's approx 22" long, with a 8" speaker with a circumfrance , I'm guessing, of 17"

inches. I do not run both subs. Any way you slice it, the after market will probly give you better sound. But your going to have to decide that for your self. The thought of using two sub boxes with a 12" in each means that if you ever wanted to put a sack of grocery's in the trunk you'd be out of luck.

Hi Again Paul!

You say "The entire network of speakers is match precsiesly by a crossover network" and I understand if I replace the ML subs with new one I this is what I have to do.

​But if I don't replace the MLs and just put a case with 2 subs like this :

box : http://www.brl.se/sv/artiklar/mtx-140slh12x2u-sledgehammer-2x12-rund.html

subs : http://www.brl.se/sv/artiklar/mtx-t61222.html

and a amp ofcourse..

It will play good with the MLs ?

Or will all the sound be distorted because of the new sound flow?

Thanks again, I will surely post a video of everything when I do it..

Hi Again Paul!

You say "The entire network of speakers is match precsiesly by a crossover network" and I understand if I replace the ML subs with new one I this is what I have to do.

and a amp ofcourse..

First of all. Unfourtunately I don't read German so I have no idea what the product sheets you sent me are saying. But here is an overview of what you need to do.

First of all. What type of music will you be listening to? Is it Rock? Hip-Hop? Jazz? Classical? etc. The type of music you will be listening to will determine the type of sub. and crossover so the lower parts of the music scale are sent to the sub. Go to the Car Audio shop, tell them these things and then listen to the set up you like best. In the size of Lexus your driving,,2 subs is WAYYYY to Much. 1 sub is more than enough for the cabin space. That is unless you want to listen at ear bleeding levels.

Yes you want a seperate amplifier to drive the sub. Again, this depends on the sound level and output of the sub. Go to the Auto Audio shop for a demo.

Good luck.

When your done please let us know how it turned out

Paul

Hi Again Paul!

and a amp ofcourse..

First of all. Unfourtunately I don't read German so I have no idea what the product sheets you sent me are saying. But here is an overview of what you need to do.

First of all. What type of music will you be listening to? Is it Rock? Hip-Hop? Jazz? Classical? etc. The type of music you will be listening to will determine the type of sub. and crossover so the lower parts of the music scale are sent to the sub. Go to the Car Audio shop, tell them these things and then listen to the set up you like best. In the size of Lexus your driving,,2 subs is WAYYYY to Much. 1 sub is more than enough for the cabin space. That is unless you want to listen at ear bleeding levels.

Yes you want a seperate amplifier to drive the sub. Again, this depends on the sound level and output of the sub. Go to the Auto Audio shop for a demo.

Good luck.

When your done please let us know how it turned out

Paul

Thanks Paul...you gave me a good laugh there...

Its not german, its swedish...and its only product names so I think you could do great on it.

Anyway thanks for reply, I have decided to wait until I get the car so I can see where the "flaws" are.