Mark Levinson Dvd/cd Player - No Sound

I need some help. I was driving and listening to me CD on my 2006 IS350 w/ Mark Levinson System and suddenly the music start skipping then there wasn't any sound after that. I thought it might be the CD so I change to another CDs and even DVD. There was no sound. Then I switch to FM/AM, sound is fine for radio and AUX input. What could be wrong with the sound? Is this a easy fix? I am out of warranty.

I need some help. I was driving and listening to me CD on my 2006 IS350 w/ Mark Levinson System and suddenly the music start skipping then there wasn't any sound after that. I thought it might be the CD so I change to another CDs and even DVD. There was no sound. Then I switch to FM/AM, sound is fine for radio and AUX input. What could be wrong with the sound? Is this a easy fix? I am out of warranty.

Hi Willy and welcome to the LOC.

It sounds like your problem is in the CD player it self. If everything else works and the stutter in the music is coming from the CD player, I think it's pretty safe to say it's the CD player. You may have to have the entire head unit replaced. That means the unit which includes the radio, CD player, Sat. reciever, etc. This can be exspensive. if you replace what you have with a new Lexus unit. I would choose the Lexus route because I would want the car interior to look like OEM.

The next alternative would be to put in a aftermarket head unit for hopefully less money without sacrificing sound quality.

BUT, here's where your going to have a replacement problem. The Mark Levenson system , which means head unit, amplifier, speakers, sub woofer and crossover network, would have to be specifically balanced with all of those components. The entire speaker network and ampifier output is balanced by a net work of crossovers and filters.

Talk to your local Lexus dealer for some prices, then ask around for suggestions of Car Audio Stores and install shops.

Since I don't know what your level of expertise is in car audio, I'm attaching a link with an overview of componets and what they do

http://www.carstereo.com/help/.

Come back and let us know what you find out so all of us can learn.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your information. I believe the ML CD/DVD player is still good because I played DVD in the player. Picture is perfectly fine and CD is running but just no sound. I read some posts on this forum. It could be a bad wire harness. That's what I am hoping for. What do you think?

Willy

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your information. I believe the ML CD/DVD player is still good because I played DVD in the player. Picture is perfectly fine and CD is running but just no sound. I read some posts on this forum. It could be a bad wire harness. That's what I am hoping for. What do you think?

Willy

I think anything is worth trying short of having to replace the head unit.

Here is a link to a audio/auto repair company in New York. They are one of the very few places set up to work on ML systems. I would strongly suggest you call them and discuss your trouble. Many of our members have used them with very goog luck.

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

• 5 years later...

Did you find out what was wrong with the no sound in your 2006 IS 350? I have the same car and having the same problem where the system has power but no sound coming from radio or cd player.

Thanks for any info you can provide.