What Is Best Year For Sc430

dude

Hi

I am currently an 93 SC400 owner and thinking of buying an SC430, can anyone tell me if there is a better year for the SC430 and if I start looking for one what options should I look at in the car? I know being an SC400 owner there are certain things to look at that tend to break such as the power steering pump so if any of you out there that can steer me in the right direction before I spend some hard earned money I would appreciate it!!!

Thx

There weren't many options on the SC430 - look at the "vehicle library" on the Lexus website. Newer is better - get a 2010 if you can find one ... the last year it was made.

The main issues that have come on forums about the SC430 have seemed to be the run-flat tires, lack of a spare tire, and problems with the retracting top. Many have converted to conventional tires to get a more compliant ride and there has long been a discussion of which compact spare tires will fit in the trunk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, ROJAN said:

I am new to this site.

I am thinking about buying a Lexus SC430 BUT I need to know what years have  a FACTORY Blue tooth capability.

Thanks for any help!

Based on the owners and navigation manuals, it appears that the SC430 first got Bluetooth for handsfree phone for the 2006 model year but didn't get A2DP Bluetooth for audio streaming until it's final (2010) model year.  Several companies offered Bluetooth A2DP and aux-in interfaces but I don't know if they are still available.  The SC430 infotainment system was pretty much left to rot in it's final model years - probably due to low sales. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

06-2010 seem to have less or no cowl shake top up or down.  6 speed.  Brighter instrument lighting. The 02-05’s were not daytime bright.  Adaptive headlights turn the lights into the corners.  Noticeable. 

Duh from 2014

• Like 1