Screaming Bikes On The Gsp

VBdenny

My wife and I cruised on down to exit 120 for a wedding last night. We were running at a little over 90 with some other cars when these three motocycle dudes on rice-rockets can screaming by us. I had to look at my speedometer to see if I was going as fast as I thought. They were easily doing 140 or more. 2:30AM

That is crazy, nuts and insane. But it was kind of cool to see.

For me, I think about how stupid it would be to live the rest of my life in a wheel chair for a cheap thrill if I should wipe out. One time I was doing 130 mph on a tricked out CB750 and I started to think about how the front tire was dry rotted and could blow any second - that slowed me down pretty quickly.

Not so much for speed, for cornering - yes, for acceleration - sometimes. I'm a bit older and a bit wiser now, so I take it a little easier for the most part. The thing that slows me down the most now is the thought of hurting someone esle while driving high-speeds, I don't think I could live with that.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought they were crazy. Luckily, it was about 2:30AM and there was only a few cars on the htree lane. They just came up on me so fast that it caught me by surprize. I figure if they wiped out at that speed, they wouuldn't be needing a wheelchair. I gave up motorcyles years ago because they are just too dadgummed dangerous. Not a wise tradeoff in my book for the fun you get.

How fast do those rice-rockets go anyway? I felt like I wa standing still whe they passed.

You know bikes are great for small crowded cities, like for example some in Japan and China. But out here in the States we have one of the biggest cars manufactured, with very high speed limits compared to other countries.

I have a LS400, I pick up (accelerate) very very slow, one: to safe the engine, two: to get more MPG; but I do go over the speed limit, which takes about 30 sec. or more (45mph). Usually some people behind me are very impatient, usually the students who go to my High School; and pass me. I hate it when someone does that too me. BUT, like I said I do go over the speed limit. Once I pick up the speed, I pass there pieces so fast that they don’t even notice what hit them.

My school is in a rural setting, so their isn't too much traffic, but I live in a city (different city then my school's). When my parents brought me my first car, Acura Legend (still have it) I used to pass people for now reason. I guess that was because of my excitement of driving, and having a near-luxury car that can beat a lot of sport cars. Anyways, there is this one girl who sat behind me in my math class last semester and sits behind me this semester too. Well, last semester on a straight a-way on a speed limit of 45mph (I tried to show off). She was probably doing 70mph, I passed her and it didn’t even feel like she was walking when I passed her, it felt like as if she was going in reverse; I looked down and I was doing 125mph. It took place on a road too, in a rural area. But this was before my parent brought me the LS, after the LS, I changed a lot of driving habits; but I still get excited sometimes and try to show off, I don’t have anybody else to blame but Lexus.

You couldn't pay me enough money to ride a motorcycle in the States! I'm even paranoid of the saftey of small cars like Corollas or Civics. My Uncle just got his halo off last month from his motorcycle accident. What's a halo??? A 15lbs. structure that has 4 posts that holds the 4 pins drilled into your skull straight so that his neck would grow back properly. He got his halo through a motorcycle accident; he lost control on a hill and went down a cliff totaling his gorgeous $25k Harley. A pretty bike definantly isn't worth the inevitable risk to me! A few months before this accident, there was another involving a heavy duty truck-luckily just the bike was hurt because he jumped off of the bike. I much rather riding in the lap of luxury in my fully enclosed, 2 ton LS400. B)

Another thing, bikers in Louisiana drive like iddiots-going in between traffic(I want to open my door up when they do this!) and what not. Today I took a little 400mile trip to go pick up something for my dad. On the highway, this group of bikers cut in front of me-going 70- and then slowed down to 55 with no traffic is in sight. Wtf??? Do they want me to run them over? Not a single 1 was wearing a helment. Even better, our "great" state doesn't require helments! How smart is this??? Why not get rid of seat belt laws while we are at it? It's not much different to me!

:cheers:

I think the yamaha r1's will to 170+ as well as the cbr's. The 1000cc bikes will go even faster. Remove the governer - if they even have one - and your easily at 200+. I don't have a bike because I know I'd have to try it. I'd kill myself.

Just recently had a buddy break a vertabrae, two ribs, and collapse both lungs on a 750cc 4 wheeler. A helicopter trip and two months later - he is now back home recovering. Walking and talking almost like nothing happened. We are very thankful for that. Easily puts things into perspective.