? Exhaust Differences 300 And 400 ?

safire

:wacko: Does anyone know the difference in exhaust fitting between the SC300 and SC400 and the difference in 92-96 cars and the 97 and up. For example: are they routed differently, are the exhaust hangers in different places, are there more cats or silencers. I am trying to figure out why a 92-96 Greddy MX catback will not work on a 99 SC400. I looked on Greddys website and it says in small writing that with a bracket or fitting of sorts that it will fit the SC400. I do not have access to any other year SC, and I have no friends that have SC's. Again thanks for all the info and help. Maybe this will help us all out since this is one of the only true cat-back sytems available for any SC(most are just axel-back) :blink:

I'm only guessing here. But it probably wont work because after 96 was obd2 and the addition of oxygen sensors and possible catlytic converter. Changing the way things go together. Now you 92 to 96 bolt on Greddy cat back probably won't line up quite correctly. But if you really want it, you could buy it. Then take it to a good exhaust shop or specialty shop. They could most likely make it fit with a welder and some creativity. Might cost you a little more though.

I agree with AWJ, you could adapt it if you wanted to but the question would be if it's worth it. The MX system will flow to 600hp, so if that lies within your goals and you can find a shop willing to do the labour for a reasonable rate then it sounds like it would work out. The '97 exhaust is the same, but the '98-up SC3 exhaust is different, better manifold, more restrictive exhaust. The layout is essentially the same though in terms of the cat-back. The SC4 exhaust is also different, nice stainless constuction and there are some differences in the layout. Should be pretty reasonable to have a local shop fab a system up for you, plus then you get your choice of mufflers.