The Lexus Nx Is Coming !

pj8708

This may be of no new news to others, but it's new time line is to me! The photos look pretty cool to me, but like the new 2013 introductions, the styling of the grill and side molding folds may take some getting used to. Since this is going to be positioned below the RX, I'll be interested to see what the starting price point will be and what features you get for that.

Anyone have any more info. about the NX??

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/06/lexus-nx-production-crossover-beijing-official/

The photos in the article are of the concept vehicle. The production model will be toned down a lot.

Hi Roger and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

I think you bring good news for a lot of buyers and members. As for my self, looking back over the styling features Lexus chose over say, the last 8 years, inovation, trendy, cutting edge, sporty, are adjectives that don't jump to the tip of your tounge....lol

But, when my wife and I purchased our ES350 and RX350, both 2013's last year, I really liked the grill because it was aggresive, contemporary and bold styling. Obviously, I was in the minority. As time has gone on, it seems that more of our members have come to like that aggresive look, and Lexus has made a winner.

Thanks for the input Roger and keep it coming.

Paul

I very much want to see production version of NX, and I expect it to be toned down significantly from concept car. Lexus needs to succeed in this lucrative and high growth segment of compact SUVs.

• 3 weeks later...

Attached is the recent Press Release regarding the release of the NX. It will be shown in Bejign on April 25, as it will be in full production style.

Man o Man I wish I could be there.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

And I say without any hesitation, this production NX looks way better than current RX, about time for Lexus to make a nice-looking somewhat aggressive crossover SUV.

I happen to like the concept of attractive and sleek compact crossover/SUV's and even own one. No need to put up with frumpy X1, CRVs, Tuscons, GLK's, Tiguans. Go Lexus, this NX will be a hit.

post-130421-0-61711400-1398447519_thumb.

post-130421-0-99863000-1398447529_thumb.

I was so much looking forward to the NX. The compact suv is the size I want for our next vehicle. I must say though that the F sport front end is atrocious. The large cow catcher grill turns me off. The hybrids grill is a little better. Hopefully seeing it in real life will not be so bad. The NX is certainly designed for a younger market with the turbo engine. I won't touch a turbo DI high pressure system until at least a year later to see if Lexus got it right. So it looks like a hybrid is my thinking but wary of what the price will be.

• 2 months later...

Can I see one at my dealership yet?

No. They won't be at dealerships until this fall-Nov/dec. Some dealers may get a pre-production model to show.

Turbo DI 4 is necessary for mpg and good performance. Lexus will have both DI and port injection on this engine (so it won't have carboning problem of 2.5L DI V6).

I'm comfortable that Lexus can get this engine right before 1st customer delivery (after extensive and thorough testing). I have a Mercedes turbo DI 4 that has proven to be reliable and efficient since it's introduction in model year 2010 in non-US markets/2012 in US market.

• 1 month later...