New To Lexus Owners Club, Just Bought A 93 Sc400 With Starting Issues

llsmoothjon

Hello. Am new to this site and to lexus's. Just bought a 1993 sc400 with 137kmiles. Drives and runs perfect. I noticed a issue however. When I try and start the car with out pressing the unlock button on the alarm key fob, it will not start. It will just making sounds like lights blinking and my lights will in fact blink, but if I unlock it using the key fob it will start just fine. I do belive it has a aftermarket alarm, is this normal you guys? Thank you for your help

Hello. Am new to this site and to lexus's. Just bought a 1993 sc400 with 137kmiles. Drives and runs perfect. I noticed a issue however. When I try and start the car with out pressing the unlock button on the alarm key fob, it will not start. It will just making sounds like lights blinking and my lights will in fact blink, but if I unlock it using the key fob it will start just fine. I do belive it has a aftermarket alarm, is this normal you guys? Thank you for your help

Hi Jonathon and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. I see Becki greeted you as well. You should feel special because it's not often that she and her kin folk come out of the hills from making moonshine.... LOL.

I don't really have a cast iron answer for your trouble. I wonder if there may be a problem with the programing of your master key. I say that because it appears that part of the programing works in correct sequence, but not the other.

As I said in the beginnig, I really have no way of telling if this is the problem. If it was me, I would start with the simplest and cheapest posibility which is changing the batterie'(s). Do you know when last they were changed. Low or spent batteries, can cause and do some wierd things.

Please come back and let us know how things are going. That way we can all learn.