Does Any One Know The Part Number For The Door ...

jab3style

dont jump to conclusions by buying parts. doing some simple diagnostics will sace you time and money.

to diagnose door lock operation, check the following:

1. can you unlock the driver door from the master switch

2. try the same from the passenger switch

3. use the key in passenger door. do all doors unlock

4. use key in driver door. do all doors unlock

5. unlock with remote. which door unlocks

answer

if you answered yes to any above then the door actuator/motor is fine.

send me your answer to all above and i will try to pinpoit the source of your problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
dont jump to conclusions by buying parts. doing some simple diagnostics will sace you time and money.

answer

send me your answer to all above and i will try to pinpoit the source of your problem

Zero4, I hope you are still out there!

Here are my answers: 1 - no, 2 - no, 3 - all but drivers side front, 4 - yes, 5 - all but drivers side front.

So, I assume the driver's side front actuator must be working because is works with the key in the driver's side door. Is there a fuse common to the remote, passenger and driver's side switches? Looks like my driver's side door ECU is bad?

Thanks for your help.

Your door actuator is bad, or very weak, I have to replace mine twice in 9 years. The last time instead of paying an additional $258 for the part alone I decided to try this:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=41219&hl=

You have to be a little mechanically inclined, but guess what cost???? $10 for two actuators (have spare now) and it took me about 2 hours of my time. And it works fantastic. Great write up on this post....

Bought them in Ebay listed under door lock actuators and was a lot cheaper than local auto stores. I found one at Kragens which was identical to what I bought, they wanted $44 for it. Ordered from ebay and got 2 for $15 shipped. I even saw 4 for $20 on ebay....

answer

Zero4, I hope you are still out there!

Here are my answers: 1 - no, 2 - no, 3 - all but drivers side front, 4 - yes, 5 - all but drivers side front.

So, I assume the driver's side front actuator must be working because is works with the key in the driver's side door. Is there a fuse common to the remote, passenger and driver's side switches? Looks like my driver's side door ECU is bad?

Thanks for your help.

The key only moves a mechanical linkage, so no your drivers door electrical motor actuator is bad or weak...Sorry. Dont bother looking further.

Your door actuator is bad, or very weak, I have to replace mine twice in 9 years. The last time instead of paying an additional $258 for the part alone I decided to try this:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=41219&hl=

You have to be a little mechanically inclined, but guess what cost???? $10 for two actuators (have spare now) and it took me about 2 hours of my time. And it works fantastic. Great write up on this post....

Bought them in Ebay listed under door lock actuators and was a lot cheaper than local auto stores. I found one at Kragens which was identical to what I bought, they wanted $44 for it. Ordered from ebay and got 2 for $15 shipped. I even saw 4 for $20 on ebay....

I found a generic 2 wire actuator on Amazon for $5. It has 3/4" travel. Is that enough?

Yes that is plenty, when you install it you piggy back the original actuator so that the sensors for the door computer work properly. 3/4 inch is plenty...