Which One Ac Compressor Shaft Seal

pierce1

I checked in the lexus parts for the ac shaft seal, in the All Data system there are two listings, one is the saft seal (part #883602B020) and a HVAC Compressor Seal Kit 883353060, which one to I need to get for my ac compressor oil leak?

Thanks

Do not do anything until it stops cooling.

I personally have never heard of an oil leak unless R-12 / R-134 was coming out also; that is why the dye that is made is oil based for the ester/mineral oil and the purpose of the dye is to find a GAS leak NOT oil leak. Oil will always accompany the refrigerant out of the system normally.

Again, you were told this-----sometimes you can't believe what you are told[even the above!!] so really the best thing to do if you want to, is to get a second opinion.

:P

Slight leakage at the compressor shaft seal is normal according to the factory manual and the Toyota AC technician training manual. I agree with tansupplyman that if the leak was bad, you'd be losing your refrigerant charge along with the oil and therefore cooling would be deminished.

Run your AC compressor once a week for several minutes thoughout the year to help keep the compressor shaft seal in good shape which in turn help guard againt loss of compressor oil and refrigerant. Also, monitor your AC outlet temperature. Should be around 40 degrees F plus or minus 2 degrees F. If it creeps up to 50 degrees F your system could be getting low on refrigerant and need to be topped off with about 5-10 ounces of refrigerant.

ok this first opinion is most likely me. and well yes a little oil is normal in fact there is a little felt doughnut after the shaft seal to soak up oil and well some oil is normal alot is not and most likely the ac will go out sooner or later. i am not saying to go out and change it right away but just letting you know. i have repaired many compressor shaft seals and had the ac working perfectly after the fix and well all of these compressors had a fairly large dirty spots under the compressor and thats a sign of the oil leaking off there and catching road dirt.