1998 Es300 Tweeters

help!

I blew my drivers side tweeter! is that covered under a certified car warranty? If not- how can I replace it? It's all stock and I don't mind. It is not a nakimichi system. Crutchfield says it has no tweeters for it. Can't I just use a pioneer tweeter set?

Thanks,

G

I'm pretty sure that the tweeter would be covered on a Lexus Certified vehicle the same as the original warranty. If not, I suggest that you get an original factory replacement.

any suggestions? Any retail outlet, I think. Circuit city, best buy, boomer, tweeters. I'll ask on Tuesday when the car goes in for an oil change. Damn IPOD- the root cause of my car's system- j/k. I don't want to go aftermarket- I may trade this in for a GS. Thanks Alan

The reason I mentioned using a factory replacement is that you'll have a heck of a time finding one that'll fit perfectly or have the proper specifications to work the same as the original. The factory speakers were designed to work with the Lexus radio. There are too many factors involved in changing even something as simple as a tweeter. ;)

I'd call a couple Lexus dealers to get a price, maybe call Pioneer directly as well to see if you can get them directly or find out what stores might carry them. If your finding the prices are thru the roof, might want to consider a auto wreckers or salvage yard.....might pick them up for a good price. B)

:cheers: