Road Trip

Mytythor

I'm a long time Lexus owner (20 years and 7 Lexus). I'm just wondering whether to take my 2007 LS 460 with 83K miles on a long road trip (3500+miles) or my wife's 2013 ES 350 with 12K miles on it. The LS is in typical Lexus fabulous condition. I welcome comments.

Whichever one gets the best mileage and is the most comfortable would be my suggestion. Both are good, low mileage vehicles.

We always take my hubbies F150 on our travels. It is a gas hog, but is so comfortable and we can take whatever we want and buy whatever we want.

Where are you going to and from? Sounds like fun. Be safe!

Hi, the LS is more comfortable. I'm not concerned about the mileage. We are driving from Palm Beach, FL to Plano, Tx then to Omaha and back to Plano. Eventually we will return to Palm Beach. My Lexus buddies tell me that at 83K miles the LS is just being broken in. I'm still on the original brake pads. My 2001 GS 300 is still going strong at 100K. I sold it to a buddy of mine.

Oh yeah....83k on a Lexus is nothing.

My daughter just bought an '08 Scion that was high mileage. I told her just to keep it maintained and she should expect another 100k out of it. My friend up here that I work with just got rid of a '99 4Runner with 335k miles. Never gave her trouble.

Gotta love a Toyota!

Oh yeah. He just bought his 3rd one. We put so many miles on them that we trade them every 2 or 3 years. We average about 50k a year on his trucks.

It is funny....I have a white F-Sport with dark rims. Now he has a white FX2 Sport with dark rims. :)

I vote, take the ES for the road trip. Better gas mileage, less conspicuous, still has decent economy. Leave the pristine LS in garage for a few weeks. Either way, the trip should be fun.