Steering Out Of Alignment!

91ls400

My LS has the steering wheel tilted, it had this problem ever since I got it, it just wasnt a priority. I thought I would find out what it would take to get the wheel back straight. Can I just take it to any shop, or should I only trust this task to a toyota/lexus dealer? Is there any easy way to do it yourself, if not how much does it cost to get the alignment done at a toyota dealer? I attached a photo:

91lssteering.jpg

Two things can be done, one, you can ask a wheel alignment shop to do an alignment making sure the steering wheel is straight (ask them to write it on the work order, so that the mechanic will see the note), two, you can park the car with the wheels straight and then re-align the steering wheel straight (you may need a puller to remove the wheel off the shaft) or ask a mechanic to do this like mentioned above

I prefer the wheel alignment (as opposed to re-aligning the sterring wheel), an out of alignment condition is probably what caused this in the first place.

Mine was exactly the same way when I bought it. It drove me crazy especially driving and not having it centered. I had the strut torsion bars bushing replaced, an alignment done and some other stuff. $1700 later, the wheel is straight and drives straight, This has bee for over a year and a half. It also stopped tire wear like your post mentioned.

denny