Learn Spanish, Quickly!

pj8708

Any more, my brain is becoming like Swiss Cheese. What goes in comes out the other side in just a few minutes.

At any rate, I think I told you a short time ago that Lexus is moving all pproduction of the ES350 to Kentucky. Why? Much cheaper than having so many of it's parts made here then shiped over to the US, then back to the USA again. Their are other reasons as well.....Check out "Motor Trend" magazine, the last issue or two if you don't find it posted here. Sorry about not having everything ready for you.

Todays news is the anouncment that Nissan, Mada, and Ford are all opening large manufacturing plants in Mexico. The same reasons. Many parts are already made there. Wages are lower. There is some argument about these large companies taking advantage of a people that will work for anything just to be able to have a reliable wage.

Others say that paying them something on a scale of at least the US minimum wage would put more money into the local econonomies, and improve the overall health of the cities.

Will these shuffles around the May Pole be a good thing for we US Car buyers, or not so much.?

Put in your two cents worth;....

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/02/21/mexico-to-trump-japan-as-no-2-car-exporter-to-us/20834849/

Sad, Walmart decided to promote bringing factories back to the US. You would think other companies would follow suite. But heck, with all of the illegals in the US pretty soon we will be Mexico.

I think we, as consumers, have got to make a stand for our country. I guess that makes me a hypocrite since the last 4 vehicles I have purchased were built in Japan. What can I say? Cars are a big investment and I have to make as wise of a purchase as I can.

I had an instance come up last night. A local owned home decor shop had these coolest little remote control lights that look just like a candle flickering. I got home and looked them up on Amazon and can get them about $15 apiece cheaper from Amazon. I told my husband that I'm going to do the right thing and support my local business that pays local taxes and hires local employees and hopefully pays them a decent wage. I really want to try to become more aware. It is going to crush us if we don't.

As for south of the border manufacturing, well my initial experience is with Sony TV's, they became undependable after their transfer to Mexico. I also use to work in the service industry and components from Mexico were vastly inferior in electronics. Too many short cuts and lack of quality for my two cents. However they make great beer.

Thanks Lenore.

:)

I really need to become more label concience too. Most of the time I'm just in too much of a darned rush! American made products are out there. I was surprised when I went to a store here called Charming Charlie. I bought 2 sweaters and when I got to the counter to pay for them, I noticed that both of them were made in the US. I told the lady that I would shop there more often!