Sorry: Can't Find Search, Where Is Diagnostic Port For Sc400?

For some reason I can't find the "SEARCH this FORUM" procedure... Can someone please direct me to the (dreaded?) DIAGNOSTIC PORT location (a picture w/b greatly appreciated ) for a '93 SC400? I know about connecting TE1 & E1 terminals, and that the port is under the steering wheel on a LS400, but where on my SC400?

From what I've read disconnecting the battery for a while should/could clear codes (OBD1) and often they go away and don't return, but I'd like to be able to count the flashes if they return.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, but I do have the trouble codes, pictures of both the rectangular and circular (LS400-type?) connectors, respective TE1 & E1 locations, etc. : what I'm looking for is the physical location.

Is it under the dash on the driver's side or is there actually one under the hood as well? I'd guess it is on a page in the SC300-400 service manual for 1993?

One source says "under the hood near the driver's side cam cover" and shows a rectangular connector, another shows the round type (with a gray cap) low on a LS400's dash...

Thanks!

Have you looked for it? The diagrams and photos that were displayed when I searched with Google for "1993 SC400 ODB photo" seemed to show where the two ports are - one in the engine compartment per the description you found and the other low by the kick panel in the driver side foot well.

Certainly did the Google SEARCH. Unfortunately the car is in another state right now and I won't be able to look in the footwell(s?) or under the hood (which side?) until I get back there... Just looking for a more definitive local, sorry if I sounded inept or inane.

FINALLY! Got to the car and in the driver's footwell & located ON the lower dash panel is the ROUND connector/port, with a gray plastic cover. It looks EXACTLY like the (MUCH) more visable one shown for a LS400.

CODE #25 with TE1 & E1 bridged with a small paperclip+ ignition to ON = "Air/Fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction"

Thanks!