Oil Leaks

I suspect I may have a valve cover seal leak. Symptoms are burning oil smell through my vents and blue smoke from the exhaust. Has anyone had head gasket work, is it expensive, and is it worth replacing the timing belt. Not sure if the previous owner had the timing belt changed.

I have a 1995 ES300 with approximate mileage of 150K.

Thanks......

At this point I'd be more concerned about the blue smoke coming out of your exhaust. That is a symptom of oil getting into your combustion chamber. Could be caused by worn piston rings, valve stem seals, etc. The engine has to be fully checked out to determine why this is happening. Then you could worry about the valve cover gaskets and timing belt. First things first. ;)

i agree get the engine checked out before worrying about the gaskets.leaky valve cover gaskets wont really harm your engine as long as your oil level is checked and good.take it to the dealer or a local shop to get that engine checked because smoke coming out the exuast is not normal and could be something wrong like amf1932 said.good luck :D