2001 Rx 300 Awd 157K Miles - How Much Longer Can I Keep This Car ?

dgCA

I`ve had it for 10 years. No major issues. Had the spark plugs and timing belt done last year. Everything seems to be running fine (except windows..but I don`t care about that). I hear of transmission issues on these vehicles...any comments from club members ? thx !

My 2002 RX has 157k as well. When it's below freezing if I don't let the vehicle warm up for 2-3 minutes it doesn't want to shift into 3rd gear. Although once warmed up even a little, it shifts solidly and smoothly. I have personally seen several instances of 200k without a tranny rebuild. But, if you tow anything that is a different ball game. Have you kept up with replacing the fluid? That makes a difference too. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

that is fantastic on your tranny, mine failed at 100k miles....I would suspect a lot of highway miles on your car, which is probably the best of all scenarios for transmission.

Hi I have 296,000+ miles! I had my transmission replaced at about 70,000 miles while under warranty. The issues I had; window/doors, heat works when it wants too, and the loud clicking noise from time to time. Currently I'm hearing a vibration rumble on the back right passenger tire when turning and accelerating. I'm going to get that checked out tomorrow. Other than that I hope to get 400,000!!

• Like 1

My '99 RX just went over 225,000 miles. No tranny problems. Throwing the P0330 code for the knock sensor, so getting that fixed myself. Has a sticky right front door actuator and have replaced other O2 sensors. Just had the timing belt/water pump replaced. Still going strong!!