Fan Overheating Problem

DVinhie

Hi there everybody! i just got a lexus es300 1997 and im pretty much happy. All though i have a problem as i was driving home i had to pull the car on the side. I notice my fan isn't coming on when it hot. Last month the fan didn't came on either so i pull out the whole fan unit and test each one of them and they both working very good. then i found out someone replace the radiator before but didn't have a ect switch on the bottom so i went to the junkyard buy the wire and ect switch on the bottom. When i plug in the fan stop completely and what do you know i got smoke coming out my radiator cap. So i already replace the fan,ect switch on the bottom of the radiator,thermostat, and i just replace the ect switch on the right side near the the themostat. What can be wrong?

DVinhie,

With what you've done to fix the problem, and the issue is still there, you obviously don't have the expertise to track down the problem. I'm not sure that I would either.

That said, get the car to a good independent mechanic and get the fix done before you overheat the motor and blow the head gasket or worse, and end up with a repair bill the size of Donald Trump's ego. It isn't worth taking a chance with the life blood of the engine. Good Luck!