Opportunity To Purchase 97 Ls 400 With 155,000 Miles For $3,500.

Intrepidwon

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have read what you all have to say for a while and it has been a great education. I am totally impressed, especially, with the late model Lexus 400 and Lexus 430 Models. Please be forgiving if my syntax/form is not exact at first. My old car was totaled a few days ago by a driver not using headlghts in the rain, at night. That's not the point. Point is: I have to act quickly as I will be getting a check for about $6-8K from insurance. My great, longterm, totally reliable Toyota/Lexus mechanic tells me I can get a fully loaded Black 97 Lexus LS 400 for $3,500. It has 155,000 miles. I have been a Camry guy. I am tired of not having comfort (I am a big guy -6'2", 275 lbs w/ a long trunk). So two questions within a question. First, what should I look for in this older (but not over-the-hill car)? Second, will it have enough room for a guy of my size (noting that I suffered a Camry nonadjustable seat for too long)? I may also have a slim chance at a Lexus LS430 with 185,000 miles for $6,700, but that is looking less likely. In any case, please advise, given that both have complete service records from date of purchase and no problem history. Btw, the LS 400 has had only 30 service/repair visits since it was new. Thank you in advance for any insight you may have to share.

Welcome Bruce, I think you would be very impressed with the 97 LS400. Your size would be no problem as the seats are very comfortable and very adjustable.

Having complete service records is very important as well as car fax for accident reports, although it is not 100% reliable. Make sure the timing belt/water pump has been done (or negotiate the price accordingly) and you are good to go.