Can Anyone Recommend A Good Atl, Ga Private Shop?

Hi Folks,

We have a 300ES with 120k miles that is dribbling oil at valve covers and probably needs a cam belt (rubber?). Can anyone recommend a (Buckhead or close) Atlanta area private shop that is good & reasonable? (! I did say that about Lexus) The Dealers seem to be quite pricey.

Thanks!

Shovel99

PS. This has been a great car for us!

HI hern, other Lexus Owners,

Another member suggested elsewhere that Toyota Dealers are fully qualified to do the work, and [suprise] will do it for less.

We are taking our ES 300 to Sandy Springs Toyota, who will do the cambelt replacement for $194!!!! (I believe they quoted another $200 for the water pump.) .... less than 30% of what Nally Lexus quoted : $1300... with water pump. Will report on how it comes out, but I do believe we "broke the code."

SS Toyota will also shuttle you to your home/office if it is within 5 miles!

:) Paul

I have been using 3 shop in Atlanta

1. ToyoTech in Chamblee, GA

2. Dekalb Tire in Sandy Springs

2. Sandy Springs toyota

I have not had any trouble out of any these and have been honest enough for me. I guess what has sold me is that the techs have not come out to upsell me on service that I don't need. they alway do what I tell them and its done.

If you have any questions I am having the same problem and getting the gaskets replaced for around $180. Could do it myself but don't have the time.

I've gone to Sandy Springs toyota before and although their price for a tune-up and trans flush is quite low, they quoted me about $800 for timing belt and pump (is that high??).

So i moved recently and now i sevice my car at World toyota (peachtree ind. blvd). So far so good, they solved my creaking front end (replaced strut mounts) but they did not solve my stinking ac (they did evaporator service). Good thing about them is that they have rental fleet and if your car is in their shop for > 2 hrs they will rent a car to you for free :)

I guess i will ask for timing belt and pump quote from them soon, my car is supposedly due for those in 2k miles. Hopefully they have good prices on those.