Is350 F-Sport Vs. Is350

I was wondering from the F-Sport owners out there of the 2014 IS350 if they feel the F-Sport upgrade makes a big difference in handling and performance over the standard IS350. Thanks in advance to all!

I think so. It's not a very expensive option and you can push the car much harder in turns in Sport+ mode. It also firms up the ride--not night and day, but a discernible difference. Also, all of the positive press for the car (Car and Driver and Road and Track) came from F-Sport models.

My car is a '13 and not a '14, but I will give you my input.

I get on other message boards and the guys are paying fortunes for F-Sport parts to upgrade their cars. I think my F-Sport option was $2400. WELL WORTH IT! I love my rims, my car sits a little lower, great front end and grill, badges, aluminum pedals, steering wheel. Now I added the shifter knob too. I think it just totally takes the car from normal to very sporty. I would not buy a Lexus that didn't have the F-Sport package.

I don't know the particulars of the suspension, but my car corners great. It rides a little rough, but I don't care!

The LFA inspired instrument cluster is cool also on the 2014! I do not have the F-Sport and my car handles really good around turns. I do not push the car to it's limit though. I am looking at leasing a RX350 in 10 months when my 2013 Altima lease is up. I am going to try to get the F-Sport on the RX model. Might make a crossover more fun to drive? Especially where I live with all the turns to get anywhere!

Awesome. I think you will agree with me when you see how many extras you get and how expensive it is to add those extras later on.

Post a pic of your car and your new one when you get it. I went from Nissan to Lexus too. I'm glad I made the switch!

I don't have an IS, and I opted for the luxury package over the F Sport on my GS. BUT, I think the IS really benefits from the F Sport package not only from a handling perspective but also from a look and feel perspective. I like the changes inside, I like the changes outside.

I'd pass on the RX F Sport actually. The F Sport doesn't really fit the character of the RX IMHO...

Good point on the RX. I like the luxury packages as well. I did not mind not getting the F-Sport on my new 350, handles plenty good for me and looks sporty still and the ride is a little better from what I hear! I need to test drive a F-Sport to compare.

It is funny. I never even test drove my car. I drove an ISxC that was on the lot, but bought mine off the showroom floor.

Like I have said on here a million times...once I saw this car, I was hopelessly hooked. :wub:

Good question. With the 2nd generation, the F-sport models were more cosmetic unless you added the F-sport accessories (including F-sport forged wheels/F-sport lowering springs/shocks/sway bars, etc.). 3rd gen is another story and I think the F-sport suspension upgrades are more significant.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Lexus was a leased 2010 IS 350. Great car. Recently, I leased a new 2014 IS 350 F-Sport AWD. Even though the engine and transmission are the same on the new IS, the handling is much improved. It feels like an entirely new beast. The Sport+ mode is so much fun. The adjustable suspension makes all the difference. My preference would have been for the non-AWD version to get the 8 speed transmission, as I can only imagine that it takes the car to another level. If you like to drive, the F-Sport package is non-negotiable. I also agree with other comments here that the styling of the F-sport is better.