Need Help Guys ! Please Spare Some Minutes ...

shahid444

Guys I own a lexus Ls400 99' and I have around 150 k miles on it... just recently my car showed a code which if I didn't forget ...It was P1354. .well I checked and found out it was the valve Control switch...In the replacing process I got the throttle body cleaned too... now the code is gone but one other problem has arisen since the replacement of the valve Control thing...which is that whenever at cold starts or I might say when I start the car after a while... The first thing I notice is the cars rpm used to be at 1 and then come down 1 step after warming up... but now it's one step above 1 ...This one thing I noticed... Secondly the car will keep on vibrating or shaking in waves not like constantly. Now I am confused that what it could be ... i have checked every possible thing ... timing belt is nee with the new tensioner plus engine oil is new aswell and no leaks anywhere... i hope someone here understands what's my problem and finds a solution. I live in UAE (dubai) but car I imported from USA

Bro checked that thread but I didn't find the solution I mean I have changed the ocv thing and the codes are gone ... All I good except that the car vibrates at cold starts and gets normal when warm but yes still i feel vibration in it and I have already changed the spark plus aswell ! I saw the cars u have owned and believe me some of the cleanest ones available in the market ! U know how to keep cars maintained ! So Billy any ideas ? As why would the car vibrate like tgis ..and before the ocv problem ever came ... The car was so smooth even if it's winter or summer ..cold start or normal... that's why I am so curious ...hoping for help from u brother.

Did you reset your engine ECU by pulling out the EFI fuse and leaving it out for a few minutes before refitting

By replacing components and especially cleaning the TB the engine settings will have to be relearned by the ECU.

Once you have done this the car ECU should will relearn as you drive.

@steve okay thank you very much ..so basiccally i just have to take put the EFI fuse and leave it out for sometime ... and after that drive my car in routine ?

@billy: bro i have some friends who are looking for some clean ls400's 98-00 model year... if u wanna sell any of ur lexus or u know anyone with a clean car please let me know in detail .. we both can earn something from the deal im sure ! i am serious bro no kidding.. if your interested please let me know thanks

@steve: bro i checked online and they say that there are two efi fuses no 1 and no 2. which one to take out plus please explain abit mroe detail .. as my car should be on or off at the time of the removal of the efi fuse ? or please i am confused .. guide me a little bit .. thanks

shahid mine are keepers for me and my wife, where do you live?

also I have bought 5 99's, to get the two that I have now, because sometimes you think they are good until you drive them a few months and their neglect shows up... I have bought all of mine off craigslist....

Bro I live in dubai ! And lexus ls400 is being imported here from US very often since the demand for this particular model year which is 98 to 00 is alooot ! So I believe any lexus fanatic like you or me wouldn't see em so easily... but I hope u got my point that if there are other cars of the same kind not neccessarily as clean as urs but yes anything less than yours is also an exception here ... so I don't know what is Craigslist ... but here is my email address shahid_marbkeart@hotmail.com. Please reply me on my mail instead of here ... its more subtle there ... thanks waiting for your reply

I had a similar problem recently with my LS430 2001. I replaced one side of OCV and the CEL was gone. I still felt a bit shake when I stop at a red light. I replaced the other side of OCV with a matching part number. The problem is gone. Hope it will help you to trouble shoot if you only replaced one side of OCV with a different part number.

Actually my left bank ocv was faulty according to the error code 1534 but I replaced both sides ... but no I am confused that u said replaced the other side with a 'matching' part number ? I think that's right ? Cuz when I took out the right bank ocv the part number was 1533 .. so I put 1533 there .. r u suggesting me to put matching numbers in both sides for the vibration to go away ?

According to this it's part #1533 for the passenger side and #1534 for the driver's side.

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/1104116296-EngineAndFuel-LS400-1999.html

There is also a screen filter for the OCV's part #15846A Perhaps this has become clogged and needs cleaning.

PS: If you haven't reset the ECU by this point then you could very well be barking up the wrong tree.

Yeah that's what I did after replacing the ocv. .. i took out the battery terminal which is negative ofcourse ... but still the problem persists and I just have a question that Steve guided me to take out the EFI now my question is that if taking out efi is different to plugging off the negative battery terminal ... then do I have to plug the battery off and take out the efi or with the battery terminals attached ? Or taking out the efi is as same as taking out the battery terminal ? And I will see to the screen filter also .. i dnt knw much about it thought ... does it come with the ocv or I have to replace it aswell individually ?

• 2 months later...

Please let us know whether your problem has been solved. If not, a few things come to mind. Of course, there is a screen filter for the oil control valve that supplied the VVT. I'm sure that was checked when the OCV was replaced. The variation in idle speed after the throttle body was "cleaned" suggests that the idle air control might have been damaged or debris flushed into it or that it wasn't either cleaned or cleaned correctly. The air mass sensor can be damaged during "cleaning", too. If the vibration you notice is much worse when in gear at idle and much less when in neutral or park at idle, your engine mounts are probably bad. The transmission mount should be replaced at the same time. The mounts are relatively easy to replace. Only the driver's side engine mount is difficult to access but any garage should be able to do it in perhaps 1.5 hrs. total for all three. I would avoid dealers for virtually all repairs.