What A Great Car

1UZ-FE

i just drove my 94 ls from raleigh, nc to seal beach,ca. thats over 2500 miles and 40 hours of driving. this car IS the ultimate road trip car! sitting in one seat for any amount of time isn't comfotable but it wasn't bad either. before i left raleigh, i owned was driving this car for about 3 months getting a steady 12-13 MPG (about 260 miles a tank). during this LONG trip, i was driving steady between speeds of 70-95 MPH. every time i filled up, i was getting about 25-27 mpg. those are the types of numbers i like to hear. who else has great things to say about this road hog?

1UZ-FE congratulations. Couldn't agree more that the LS400 is the ultimate road trip car. Purchased my '92 LS400 in Aug '03 and in Oct '03 did a "short" road trip from Boston to Toronto. As you said dead on for the fuel consumption at 25-27 mpg highway and I was moving at 80-90 mph when I had the road open. It was a 11 hour drive each way and when I arrived back in Boston I felt great. Talk about tired, forget it, I could of refueled and driven to NYC without giving it a second thought. I used to drive BIG old Caddys and Buicks to Florida and they didn't even come close to the LS400. My brother has a '93 LS400 and he gets the same highway milage and does trips from Boston to Montreal like he was going to the local convenience store. Can't wait for the next road trip and it might be Florida in May. Four Door.

I drove my SC to NY from Florida, it took about 20-21 hours over 2 days. I agree, it wasn't as bad as I expected, the car was comfortable and had plenty of power when needed. The faster I went, the smoother the car felt.

I'm glad to hear you made it 2,500 miles without any problems, how many miles do you have on your car? My next big trip is also to CA!

Good points, I was surprised too. On the highway as I speed up to 90mph to 120mph the car is more smother, felt like I was about take off like in a airplane, [guess that shows that they are built for interstate driving].

I drove my LS from Houston to San Francisco and my SC from New York to San Francisco. I have to agree that the LS is an EXCELLENT road trip vehicle!! I found that it was considerably more comfortable than the SC and it's a vehicle that easily gets 25mpg on the interstate even when averaging 80mph!!

:)

I should of been a little more specific re how my LS400 was on the road trip. First was comfort, after adjusting the seat once I never changed it and even after 100s of miles was never fatigued or uncomfortable. The climate control system kept the cabin perfectly ventilated, neither too hot or too cool. The audio system kept me entertained and I never found myself bored or nodding off. The ride as the others have said actually improved as the speed increased. Effortless power from the best V8 engine in the world gave me the ability to pass anything in sight. All the controls are easy to reach and use. When you spend this many hours in a vehicle your bound to find something that isn't quite right, the LS400 is the exception, everything functioned perfectly and I could find no room for improvement.

I should of been a little more specific re how my LS400 was on the road trip. First was comfort, after adjusting the seat once I never changed it and even after 100s of miles was never fatigued or uncomfortable. The climate control system kept the cabin perfectly ventilated, neither too hot or too cool. The audio system kept me entertained and I never found myself bored or nodding off. The ride as the others have said actually improved as the speed increased. Effortless power from the best V8 engine in the world gave me the ability to pass anything in sight. All the controls are easy to reach and use. When you spend this many hours in a vehicle your bound to find something that isn't quite right, the LS400 is the exception, everything functioned perfectly and I could find no room for improvement.

four door,

I've never really thought about the climate control, but now that you mention it - it really is impressive! The temp is very stable!

I agree, a great road car :cheers:

about my milage: i had about 158,000 before i left and now have over 161,000 on the car. about smoother ride at higher speed, i agree and also have to say that the tires sort of balance themselves. after stopping for a night and starting to drive again the tires were rather off balance. i guess sitting for just 1 night is enough to make the ride pretty rough for about 5-10 mins of speeds @ around 80 MPH. after that short period of time, the tires seemed to balance themselves! that suprised me. anyway, overall, the LS IS the ULTIMATE road trip car and will always be.

I have 1991 LS400 with 168K and I´m ready to drive around US before I´ll go back home to Europe. I really trust this car and if this car should have a wings I should fly home over Pacaific ocean by this Lexus LS 400 aircraft :D

After just driving the Corolla I just bought for my daughter from NJ to VA, I really have even a greater appreciation for my LS. You really have to stay on top of those light cars and they are much more disturbed by turbulance. Not to mention that I don't feel safe going very fast in them.

My LS with 133,000 is better than anything I have ever driven on the highway. After I bought it, I was amazed that they actually build a car this good.

I agree 100% with Denny. I drive three cars:

1992 Acura Legend LS V6 120,000 (Smooth)

1993 Lexus LS400 146,000 (Smoother)

1996 Toyota Camry 4-cylinders 65,000 (Smoothest)

From the three the smoothest is the Camry; it resists bumps and flows on the road better than the other two since it has [65,000 and the other two have old tires/suspesion]. But at high speed, you can control the car when going straight, but when you come upon a curve the car feels like it is about to turn over, compared to the other two. Cutting corners with the Acura&Lexus is smooth like cutting a tomato with a extra sharp knife.