April 25, Major Meet Planned For Northeast Region

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ours got rained out too.....

a lot of cars showed up but it started to rain pretty hard so lots of guys left and me and stiviej stayed to represent LOC there, he gave me some nice LOC stickers. my gf also won in the lottery very nice lexus car care kit. too bad it was raining:( i didnt make any pix at all coz i was afraid that my camera will get wet.

As one of the coordinators, let me first just say that I was severely disappointed that the rainy weather between 1-3PM kinda ruined the spirits of others, and I don't blame them. We all worked very hard to get the meet organized in the appropriate fashion, and all we need is Mother Nature to drown us out :unsure:

However, under the circumstances, I was glad and relieved to see a surprising turnout at the meet (lots of BMWs, Lexus and Benz from what I remember, closely filled up the 100-car parking lot at one point for sure). Most of the people stayed for the raffle drawings, which turned out great and kinda fun. VMF, I was the one who was doing the Lexus part of the raffle, and I hope your gf enjoys the Lexus car care items :D

Although I didn't get to meet many of the LOC owners personally (I caught up with steviej and Pharmguy), I'm sure they all had a great time attending this one of a kind luxury hybrid meet (and perhaps a first Lexus meet for some of them). I do hope we can arrange another Lexus meet sometime in the near future, like in the summer when the weather reasonably improves.

Thanks for coming out,

Doug

yeah i hope we will have another meeting soon but this one was also cool and even weather didnt kill our mood and i realized then i need to upgrade my ride with bigger rims:) since 95% of the cars had 18' and bigger:)

yea thanks to the rain i didnt come.i watched the weather and figured it would be canceled so i didnt bother driving all the way up there to get disappointed when nobody shows up.i now see some of yous did go so maybe i should of came.a little late for that though ;)

hope yous had a good time!

I left Edison at 4pm and I pulled in my driveway at 10 past midnight. Even though it rained, it was worth the trip. Made multiple stops on the way to hook up with people. When we left Danbury and then Vince Lombardi, we had a pretty good sized caravan of nice shinny Lexi.

I did snap a few shots and will post tomorrow.

lexusk8, thanks for all your hard work....as ususal. The only variable we can't control is the weather.............oh yeah, and the traffic. It took PharmGuy and I almost 3 hours to from the 80/95 split in Jersey to the CT border. :wacko: :wacko:

It was not a total loss, the people that stayed had fun, lots of cool givaways. I am actually using my Lexus koozie as we speak. And to top it off the RedSox were in the Bronx and in the rain and THEY WON. (Lexusfreak...that was for you) :lol:

steviej

how nice

i showed up to our spot for 3 minutes as it is 2 minutes from my house

only one other car showed but i didn;t see him but i was driving my civic as it was raining,and yes i would have gone home and got my shiny car if someone else had shown up

i hope i see a few pics of your meet

you already know what ours looked like.

lots of rain fog and a packed parking lot full of regular sunday shoppers

Hey Guys, I was also very angry with Mother Nature on Sunday, but it was good to meet and hang out with old and new faces.

Stevie J- you are a die hard trooper, making the trip from Boston man, thumbsup to you.

CL or LOC, it doesnt matter, its all Lexus Love in the end. Have a good one guys.

Wish I could have made it, even in spite of the rain. I had just driven over 800 miles though back and forth to WV to pick up my fiance's Prius so I was exhausted.

Looking forward to pics!

Ok, Ok----I want to put my kudo's into the organizers of the event. Total

congrats to lexusk8 and steviej and to anyone else that put the time and effort

into running the show. Since it was my first meet, I really didn't have a major

clue what to expect, but other than the weather(and traffic home to MA)-- it

was great.

It looked impressive cruising down the highway in a caravan. I'm sure we

got the attention of a number of other drivers. Heck, we even picked up some

random Lexus cars/SUV's that weren't going. Also, really glad lexusk8 knew

the way, you get me out of the countryside and I'm lost.

Met a great group of people, enjoyed the sites, and I'll do it again.

PharmGuy

"A good day in the rain with your Lexus rocks compared to any day at work"

"A good day in the rain with your Lexus rocks compared to any day at work"

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! :D

PharmGuy......it was great meeting you and I am glad you had a good time.

Here is a hint of the next meet I want to plan..............

.....................I want to do it at Six Flags over New England in Agawam. Have a mini meet in the morning then hit the roller coasters for the rest of the day.

You in?, bring the kids. I love a good coaster, over and over and over and...you get the point.

steviej

Hey VMF,

Agawam, MA--- is located on the stateline border from MA and CT. It's

only been a "SixFlag's" park about 3 or 4 yrs (used to be a regular mid-sized)

amusement park, but they've expanded it and it's chockful of rides.

Not a bad idea stevie, and if anyone's not real into amusement parks,

the Basketball Hall of Fame, is located about 10 miles away (excuse me--

the NEW Basketball Hall).

PharmGuy