April 25, Major Meet Planned For Northeast Region

There is a major meet planned for the Northeast/New England. It involves Lexus via ClubLexus, Mercedes Benz via MBWorld and BMW.

Here is a chance for LOC to join into the 2004 season of car meets in the states and be well represented..

This is a brief description of the wheres and whens (copied from CL thead)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

~~~ OFFICIAL Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz 1st Spring 2004 meet (Sunday, April 25th) ~~~

Well, it looks like the setup and organization of this event is well under way and has thus far been getting very positive feedback from both the Lexus and BMW ends! DGOT20s introduced the idea of inviting the great folks over at MBWorld and other MB forums, making this a Tri-Hybrid meet! We believe no other meet of this kind has ever existed, so this will surely be a first one for the NE crew

It appears that everyone who has responded on all forums so far are leaning toward Sunday, April 25th, starting around 1:00 PM (fashionably late-comers are always welcome) So that's what we'll post as official right now. Here's all the mandatory info:

DATE & TIME:

Sunday, April 25th. Arrive @ 1:00 PM (earlier or later, but don't be too late)

Roosevelt Park (NJ public park, located right behind Menlo Park shopping mall)

- Roosevelt Drive

- Edison, NJ 08837 (map directions are here from Yahoo Maps, here from NJ Park County page, and here from Plays-in-the-Park page)

From southern New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania and all points south, take the New Jersey Turnpike north to Exit 10 to Route 287 to Route 1 north. Take jughandle at Lafayette Road, cross over Route 1. Bear right, and make first left into park (Roosevelt Drive).

From northern New Jersey, either take the Garden State Parkway south to Exit 130 to Route 1 south, go past the Menlo Park shopping center, bear right, and make first left into park (Roosevelt Drive), or:

Take the New Jersey Turnpike south to Exit 10, and follow set of directions from southern New Jersey.

From Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island, drive across the Verrazano Bridge ($8 toll one-way), along I-278 south to Exit 9 for West Shore Expwy, drive across Outerbridge Crossing (no toll going to NJ), along Route 287 south. Take Exit 1 for Route 1 north. Take jughandle at Lafayette Road, cross over Route 1. Bear right, and make first left into park (Roosevelt Drive).

From New England, take I-684 south to Hutchinson Pkwy to Cross County Pkwy to I-87 south to the exit for George Washington Bridge (no toll going to NJ) along I-95 south. From there, follow set of directions from northern New Jersey.

LOCATION NEWS (as of 4/5/04):

Due to potential security non-cooperation from our original meet location in Woodbridge Mall, we are now moving the meet location to ROOSEVELT PARK, located in Edison, NJ, just right behind Menlo Park shopping center and only minutes away from Woodbridge. The park is on public property with ample spacing for potentially 100 cars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have never been to a car meet, you have to experience one of this magnitude. It is a sight to see. These meets are totally awesome.

There is no entry fee and there will be coorporate sponsored raffles as well as lots of "give-aways".

If you are going to try to attend please let us know (include what you will be driving). Just so people have an idea of who is going, I will start a list here of LOC members. Between Lexus, MB and BMW there is potentially over 100 cars due to arrive for this meet.

1. steviej ES300

2. SW03ES ES300

3. VMF LS400

4. bbsal ES300

5. amf1932 ES300

6. roberttran LX470

7. lexusk8 ES300

8. jbatast LS400

9. PharmGuy RX300

10. maaloxx GS300

11. PhillyIS04 IS300

12. HotBlue400 GS400

13. KevinK RX300

Edited by steviej

Never been to one of these, not sure if I should go since my car isn't really modded + its an SUV. :unsure:

I'll have to think about it and try to find some buddys that can come as well.

-Robert

Rob:

It doesn't matter if you have the LX. It's for enthusiasts.

:( I won't be able to make it. I have two qualifications to attend in Indianopolis. I probably wouldn't attend it anyway since it's on a SUnday--Rest Day.

Can someone plan a meet on a Saturday. This way I can go. :(

this is awesome. We can have our own LOC mini-meet (yeeah baby).

Alan, we need to do a picture of our two ES's back to back at a slight angle.

It will look like one of us is parked against a mirror.

roberttran....of course you are invited. I even put a special invite in the LX forum.

Modification of your ride is not a requirement to be present. Please come.

steviej

Well since I'm co-coordinating this big NE Lexus/BMW/Benz meet, why would I not come? :D ;)

It's great that we have some of you fellows here in LOC planning to come to the meet :D , and for some of you who have never been to a Lexus meet, you will enjoy this one immensely. I can't even begin to describe the feelings, but any Lexus enthusiast will certainly enjoy the atmosphere and vibe amongst other fellow Lexus enthusiasts, as well as glorifying each other's rides :)

I mainly reside in ClubLexus.com (I rarely come here on LOC), so if you have any questions about this meet, steviej (a great friend of mine) should be able to answer them for you.

-Doug

Ok, just got my schedule for April, and luckily---I have the 25th off!! I've

put it on my schedule, and besides-- we need someone with an RX-300 to

show up (can't have one of the models missing-that just wouldn't be right--lol)

Please add me to the list.

PharmGuy (Paul)

2001 RX 300

SOrry to have to miss this. I know it will be great and since we have an apartment about 8 miles from there it would be perfect. I will be at the Lowe's motor speedway doing my Richard Petty driving experience that day. Hmmmm, wonder if they would let me take a couple hot laps in the LS? I still wish I could be there. Please let me know if the date changes or anything.

Denny

I will keep all posted as to last minute cancelations or reschedules.

It would be nice if you could join us, but your venu sounds exciting, too. I was thinking of doing something like that on my next vacation.

steviej

Ok i couldn't let you guys have all the fun so to have a small one in Toronto and elsewhere in the states if other members are interested. So here are the details i am going for below. Basically it is a mirror of yours and hopefully we can get this going as an every few month meet for lexus owners internatinally. I am also going to make this its own post,but didn;t want to make it sound like it is my idea.

I am going to be getting together with a couple of lexus clubs and making an international lexus meet ,so far there is one in North east america. I would like to have one here in Toronto and who ever else wants to set one up elsewhere in miami and cali would be nice.

So far we have a confirmed date for the North east which we are going to be duplicating.

DATE & TIME:

Sunday, April 25th. Arrive @ 1:00 PM

Krispey Kreme parking lot.

In the states it so far is a bmw lexus mercedes meet in the tristate area. But for now i am focusing on the lexus only side as i am not a big bmw and mercedes forum person

Hey stevie,

I'm located outside the Springfield area, about 20 miles or so, in the hills.

A group sounds great, not totally sure where we would meet up, I remember

you're on the opposite end of the state, so maybe a location in CT, off 84

might be ok to "posse up". I'll check in, we'll pass a couple of ideas before

hand. One thought I did have, was to see if anyone's got a digi-cam. I've

asked my son to bring his home, but he doesn't remember (he's got

girlfriend_itis). I'ld put up a pix, but if we have some LOC members with a

digital camera, think that would be a great idea.

Next, wife's???? Only asking, she saw we're at a mall and well, that's

enough said. Have to see about that, her rule of thumb is "if there's a mall

there, it can't be all bad".

I've gotta take my Rx-300 in for an oil check, I might make a corkboard

flyer to leave at the dealership. Never know---pretty sure some dealers might

not mind having a "freebie promo" at a large car meet. I'll post afterwards,

see if I can pick up anything.

Stevie, you've got my email, drop me a line, otherwise we'll play tag on

the boards.

PharmGuy (Paul)

don't worry if you don't have a camera. There will be tons of pics taken and pics posted. Of course, if you want one, get one. But if you don't, there will always be downloadable pic posted. One meet I went to, someone took videos and posted them up for public viewing.

I'll be in touch.

As for meeting up, there is a major rendevous planned for the Vince Lombardi Service area on the Hutchinson Parkway. I think that is somewhere near CT/NY border.

We will tighten up the details later this month.

steviej

maaloxx,

this is a ClubLexus organized meet. Trust me, they know. Over 200 posts and 15 pages in the thread and over 50 members signed up to go.

steviej.

Edited by steviej