New Es 330 Owner

:cheers: Just picked up my new ES 330 on Monday afternoon. Drove it home, parked it in the garage, covered her up, and got on a plane Tuesday morning. I get home Sunday, and can't wait to get back to study my owner's manual. Car is gold with ivory interior, fully loaded, with chromed wheels. Drives like a dream.

welcome to the club jim.

remember, the only stupid question here is the one not asked.

It is a great site with alot of knowledgable members.

sit back and enjoy the ride...........oh yeah, do read the manual as planned....it is very very informative.

steviej

Just picked up my new ES 330 on Monday afternoon.

I'm curious to know about your buying experience there in southern California. Did you get try to get much of a discount off the MSRP (window sticker price)? Did you shop around and make offers to many dealers to find out what kind of discount you could get off MSRP ? If so, what southern Calif. dealers seemed to have better prices? Or did you mainly shop for the right colors and option combinations rather than price? After you settled on the price what sorts of other items did the dealer try to talk you into buying (extended warranty, etc.)? How much time did the whole buying process take after you agreed on price; i.e. did it seem to take forever or did the dealer get you out on the road in a reasonable amount of time?

In reply to VGR's post above, I bought my car through CarsDirect.com, which is, IMHO, the only way to go. After I had test driven all of my options, and determined that I wanted the ES 330, I went to the website and "built" the car that I wanted. They quoted me a price (which was just under 90% of the MSRP), and put me in touch with a dealer that had the car in stock. The dealer then contacted me, confirmed the price, and we set up an appointment to sign the papers and take delivery. They offered me an extended warranty, but did not push it on me. I spent just two hours at the dealership, including a full briefing on all of the car's features and controls. Overall, a very enjoyable buying experience. Hey, they even gave me a free Lexus travel coffee cup! :D

Congratulations Jim-

I just purchased my ES330 March 27th and am loving it. It came with all the bells and whistles, such as: Navigation System, Rear Sensor, Chrome Wheels, Mark Levinson Sound, etc. If you are going to get the extended warranty and belong to a credit union, I'd suggest starting there. The Lexus dealership wanted to sell me the 7yr - 100,000 mile warranty for $2,700+. A friend told me to go to the credit union and see what kind of a deal I can get. I did so and was able to come up with a 6yr - 100,000 mi. ext. warranty for $704.00! Big savings there! Being paranoid, I also purchased a Lojack and Early Warning System. We are planning to take a trip up to the bay area in a couple weeks. Can't wait. Enjoy your new Lexus, I know we will.

-Marv

SWO-

I have no idea if it was a dealer add on. When we were shown the car, the device was already there along with all the other goodies. Believe me, it's a good feature judging by the way I drive!

-Marv