Gs400 Radio Photos

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have clear photos of the lexus radio?

Specifically the unit with the navi without the nakamichi.

I am working with a buddy of mine to try and create a module that will hook up to the back of the unit to allow for an AUX port.

I need clear photos of the front of the unit as well as the back showing the connections.

Thanks!

I don't have photos but I can provide the diagram for the 98-00 GS navigation radio system - see the attached PDF.

Why do you need photos if you have a GS that has the nav system?

There is a huge thread in the audio subforum of ClubLexus on how to hack into the CD changer cable to add an aux-in: I would paste the URL into this thread but "paste" seems to have been deactivated on this forum.

Or you could contact Factory Radio Service about adding an aux-in to your radio: http://factoryradioservice.com

Factory Radio Service installed their most deluxe aux-in on my 2000 LS400 Nakamichi radio for only $85. It has the aux-in port on the back, an on-off button on the front and came with a six foot audio cable. The sound quality streaming from my phone through the aux-in was just as good as from the original commercial CD in my Nakamichi's CD changer.

A popular mod is to install an aftermarket double-DIN audio unit - looks especially good in a 98-06 GS. You would need the HVAC controller from a non-nav 98-00 GS to do it ... pretty cheap to buy on eBay. You would be able to use your existing amplifier and all the original speakers if you choose a compatible head unit.

I had a Kenwood DDX470 installed in my 2000 LS400 by a pro a few months ago and the total cost was less than $500. (Photo attached.) My money would have been better spent going with the Kenwood in the first place. The DDX470 doesn't have nav (I didn't want it) but still has Bluetooth phone and A2DP audio streaming, single disc CD/DVD, Pandora, USB, aux-in and can accept an optional $49 XM tuner. It also supports a backup camera, has 18 FM presets and there is an optional $20 remote control for it. There are even cheaper aftermarket double-DIN's but this one is great.

1998 GS300 nav audio diag.pdf

post-2157-0-57616500-1390253414_thumb.jp

I don't have photos but I can provide the diagram for the 98-00 GS navigation radio system - see the attached PDF.

I would have to pull out the unit to take a photo of the back, asking to see if anybody already has a photo. This will just save time.

I would have to pull out the unit to take a photo of the back, asking to see if anybody already has a photo. This will just save time.

I just checked eBay and saw several navigation units for sale with photos of the front, back and sides of the units.

It's barely a five minute job to pop out your navigation/radio head unit. It's held in place by only four 10mm bolts which are visible after removing the center vents and console wood.