2003 Gx 470.....never Again Smh!

kwash703

I'm not the best or most knowledgable with cars, got taken advantage of two weeks ago, but here is my story ! I'm a college student.

Miles (230,100)

-Shell Gas Station (Auto Body Shop) Manassas, VA by I-66

-The car body is in top condition. Very minimal problems over the years. This Shell just finished doing my inspection last week. Passed me without even telling me I needed a new battery. It died while they were inspecting my car and they had to recharge it. I had an exam that day for school. My school is 30 min away from my house. I traveled on the highway and a parkway, before my car shutting down in traffic. I couldn't believe they forgot to tell me that and didn't try to make up for it. Just a my apology and they didn't even write it in my inspection notes. I had to get my car towed and a battery replaced by someone else. My life was in serious danger unknowingly. Overall towing,battery, attempted jump cost me close to 500 dollars.

WEEK LATER

I went back to this Shell because my steering was kind of tight (ONLY ISSUE)after they did my inspection. After getting my steering fluid replaced and automatic transmission fluid flushed/replaced, they tried to remove a nail from my tire/replace. They ended up breaking my wheel lock (tried to say because my car is 11 years old,the lock was rusty -_-). This has never happened before. Also stated who ever put them on last, put them on way too tight (they did my last tire job, go figure). They tried to get around buying me a new one saying all of what I just wrote. After they were done and me paying(253.00), they let my car down off of the platform.At this time I'm outside but not by my car. The guy gets in my car, then I hear a loud POP. I didn't pay it no mind, I thought it was someone else's car. They didn't say anything and they gave me my car. I drive off, and my right rear side feels jumpy/loose as hell. NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE. I took it back for them to look at, come to find out that POP sound was my car. They blew out my right rear Air Suspension. This happened under their roof. Time goes by and they tell me I have to pay $609.00 to get it fixed!!! I went off! Then they offered if you get the part (428.00) we can do the labor for free. They kept trying to say it was because of rust and the car is old. Also they started trying to say it was other stuff (BASICALLY TRYING TO DRAIN MONEY OUT OF ME). So I left and called my father (Overseas Military/he went off on them also). My dad also told me if they offer labor for free, they know they messed up. Long story short they brought it down to 386.00 and will replace my wheel lock/lug nuts. I almost spent 1,000 dollars in one day/after christmas. I'm still very upset. Last time I will ever go there for anything.

WHAT WOULD SOME OF YOU EXPERTS DO IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS???? WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE BETTER OR DIFFERENTLY??? I'M CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BEARUA !!! I REALLY FEEL BETRAYED BY A PLACE I HAVE TAKEN MY LEXUS FOR YEARS. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MY LIFE HAS BEEN PUT IN HARMS WAY BY THEM.

FEW DAYS GO (GOT A NEW TIE ROD/WHEEL ALIGNMENT)

I went to go get a wheel alignment (when driving my car starts drifting to the left hard/when braking it started to shake/driving felt very stiff not smooth) and they discovered that my front left tie rod is wobbly (also said lower ball joint is suspect). I was told they couldn't perform a complete wheel alignment until fixing the front left tie rod first.

Overall to fix/part/wheel alignment, the quote was

Labor: 223.97
Parts: 71.13
ENVIRO/DISPO: 23.61
Sales Tax: 5.68

Total: 324.39 (After 40.00 coupon)

PS: My friend told me, most likely what happened was that they forgot to turn of the height control switch or something similar to that and that's what caused the blow out. He went to Lincoln Auto School (he was at work when we talked).

OVERALL RESULTS SINCE AFTER THE SUSPENSION BLOW OUT= MY RIDE DOESN'T FEEL SMOOTH ANY MORE. IT DOES FEEL A BIT BUMPY BUT TO ME IT FEELS ALMOST IF SOMETHING IS DRAGGING/VERY HEAVY/TILTED. ALL BEFORE THIS MY TRUCK FELT VERY SMOOTH. STEERING STARTS TO FILL VERY ROUGH TIGHT AT TIMES. I THINK SOMETIMES WHEN DRIVING TO WORK, IS SOMETHING ABOUT TO POP OFF? IT JUST DOESN'T FEEL THE SAME.IDK WHAT TO DO NOW SMH. IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET BACK FEELING SMOOTH AGAIN? IS IT SOMETHING WITH THE HEIGHT CONTROL ? (I KEEP IT ON "N".

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not the best or most knowledgable with cars, got taken advantage of two weeks ago, but here is my story ! I'm a college student.

Miles (230,100)

-Shell Gas Station (Auto Body Shop) Manassas, VA by I-66

-The car body is in top condition. Very minimal problems over the years. This Shell just finished doing my inspection last week. Passed me without even telling me I needed a new battery. It died while they were inspecting my car and they had to recharge it. I had an exam that day for school. My school is 30 min away from my house. I traveled on the highway and a parkway, before my car shutting down in traffic. I couldn't believe they forgot to tell me that and didn't try to make up for it. Just a my apology and they didn't even write it in my inspection notes. I had to get my car towed and a battery replaced by someone else. My life was in serious danger unknowingly. Overall towing,battery, attempted jump cost me close to 500 dollars.

WEEK LATER

I went back to this Shell because my steering was kind of tight (ONLY ISSUE)after they did my inspection. After getting my steering fluid replaced and automatic transmission fluid flushed/replaced, they tried to remove a nail from my tire/replace. They ended up breaking my wheel lock (tried to say because my car is 11 years old,the lock was rusty -_-). This has never happened before. Also stated who ever put them on last, put them on way too tight (they did my last tire job, go figure). They tried to get around buying me a new one saying all of what I just wrote. After they were done and me paying(253.00), they let my car down off of the platform.At this time I'm outside but not by my car. The guy gets in my car, then I hear a loud POP. I didn't pay it no mind, I thought it was someone else's car. They didn't say anything and they gave me my car. I drive off, and my right rear side feels jumpy/loose as hell. NEVER HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE. I took it back for them to look at, come to find out that POP sound was my car. They blew out my right rear Air Suspension. This happened under their roof. Time goes by and they tell me I have to pay $609.00 to get it fixed!!! I went off! Then they offered if you get the part (428.00) we can do the labor for free. They kept trying to say it was because of rust and the car is old. Also they started trying to say it was other stuff (BASICALLY TRYING TO DRAIN MONEY OUT OF ME). So I left and called my father (Overseas Military/he went off on them also). My dad also told me if they offer labor for free, they know they messed up. Long story short they brought it down to 386.00 and will replace my wheel lock/lug nuts. I almost spent 1,000 dollars in one day/after christmas. I'm still very upset. Last time I will ever go there for anything.

WHAT WOULD SOME OF YOU EXPERTS DO IN A SITUATION LIKE THIS???? WHAT COULD I HAVE DONE BETTER OR DIFFERENTLY??? I'M CALLING THE BETTER BUSINESS BEARUA !!! I REALLY FEEL BETRAYED BY A PLACE I HAVE TAKEN MY LEXUS FOR YEARS. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MY LIFE HAS BEEN PUT IN HARMS WAY BY THEM.

FEW DAYS GO (GOT A NEW TIE ROD/WHEEL ALIGNMENT)

I went to go get a wheel alignment (when driving my car starts drifting to the left hard/when braking it started to shake/driving felt very stiff not smooth) and they discovered that my front left tie rod is wobbly (also said lower ball joint is suspect). I was told they couldn't perform a complete wheel alignment until fixing the front left tie rod first.

Overall to fix/part/wheel alignment, the quote was

Labor: 223.97

Parts: 71.13

ENVIRO/DISPO: 23.61

Sales Tax: 5.68

Total: 324.39 (After 40.00 coupon)

PS: My friend told me, most likely what happened was that they forgot to turn of the height control switch or something similar to that and that's what caused the blow out. He went to Lincoln Auto School (he was at work when we talked).

OVERALL RESULTS SINCE AFTER THE SUSPENSION BLOW OUT= MY RIDE DOESN'T FEEL SMOOTH ANY MORE. IT DOES FEEL A BIT BUMPY BUT TO ME IT FEELS ALMOST IF SOMETHING IS DRAGGING/VERY HEAVY/TILTED. ALL BEFORE THIS MY TRUCK FELT VERY SMOOTH. STEERING STARTS TO FILL VERY ROUGH TIGHT AT TIMES. I THINK SOMETIMES WHEN DRIVING TO WORK, IS SOMETHING ABOUT TO POP OFF? IT JUST DOESN'T FEEL THE SAME.IDK WHAT TO DO NOW SMH. IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET BACK FEELING SMOOTH AGAIN? IS IT SOMETHING WITH THE HEIGHT CONTROL ? (I KEEP IT ON "N".

What a horror story. I recently bought a 2004 GX 470 with 66,000 miles. I hope I never run into any preventative maintenence disaters like yours. I do have a problem with my windows they either go right up or down and the rear passenger side wont go up. I also cant get the rear air conditioner to put out heat. What do you think.

first pls don't go to shell auto shop/body shop or jiffy lube thats already a bad sign, go to your dealer its not the best but atleast they know and have experience on your lexus gx. second you'll need to learn how to do basic maintenance by your self, get a FSM learn how to read it, buy tools it don't need to be snap on or craftsman a harbor freight tools are life time warrantied also, battery that cost you $500 better be a damn good battery, you should have asked a friend to bring tools & buy you a battery and bring it to you it wont even cost you $120 for a autozone battery.