God Awful Moisture Smell Coming From Vents

Does anybody else experience a mildewy smell coming from there vents when they turn there AC on?????This has been going on since i bought this preowned gs300 2001 for about a year now???? It seems it may eventually go away once it blasts on high for several minutes..but still seems to linger there.....I was told about a disinfectant that could flush it out but chances are it would return.....something to dowith condesation build up in reservoir....If that makes anysense......HElP.........................

My 93 had the same problem. I opened the out side air vents and flushed them with water. There is a drain down low on the passenger side , you will see water coming out. It will be nasty probably. I then got access to the condenser and cleaned all the mildew off with a rag and flushed with some general purpose cleaner. Last but not least a shot of GIO over the condenser and my car smells awesome.