Rx330 Sunglass Holder

So the 04 lexus rx330 keeps having the sunglass holder keeps droping down (over head console with home link)...any suggestions on how to fix it besides the clear tape my mom put on it (its her car)

Haha, maseace has the immediate solution! ^_^

The holder operates with two "tabs" that (when worn down) can prevent it from holding up. The following pictures show the two tabs. Do any of these appear to be worn down?

2mry52v.jpg

s6m4bc.jpg

Is your interior color gray or black by any chance? I have this spare (shown in the pics) in the gray color (for gray and black interiors; not tan) that you can have.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My sunglass holder just stopped latching as well '05 RX330, it looks like there may have been a spring that somehow broke, has anyone just replaced a spring or the button? Does the whole assembly (sunglass holder, map light garage door opener buttons) need to be replaced? Has anyone replaced it? I have read the posts that a dealer would charge around $1000 and its not worth it to me but would.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Same problem here.  How do I remove the sunglasses housing...I see the 2 Phillips head screws are to be removed from behind the cover plates, but then I wimp out cuz I don't want to break it pulling in the wrong direction.  Has anyone done this successfully?  And how did you do it.  Thz

My recollection is that there are two more screws under the map light lens.  If you look at the lens closely around the edge you will see a place to use a screwdriver to pry the lens cover off then the screws are in plain sight.  As soon as all 4 screws are removed the housing comes off easily. 

• 6 years later...