N00b!

Just wanted to le tyall know what a good forum u have here .

Just recently got a 92 es 300 and it has a rebuilt engine that the owner didnt know di#k about so the infamous gelling is on full force!!!!!!!!!

Valves are ticking its sucking gas like Lambo...Or an older 7201 lol.

Well my rant is over! so there...............

Well im going thru the elimination process gotta make sure where the prob is b4 i take drastic measures.

1 Engine Flush/ Steam Cleaning the Oil Galley ways

2 Pray # 1 Works !!!!!

3 See # 2

4 Open it all up and keep fingers crossed

5 New motor

6 And im spent!!!!!

:unsure: Ok opened the Valve cover and to my surprise the sludge is not that bad :)

So the next course of events would be to try and adjust the valves....what with the shims and athere being 24 of them...... Woe is me!

Has anyone ever done this procedure? or knows of a site that has step by step instructions especially with pics ?????

The chilton and hyanes manuals just breeze thru it and im used to working on my older bimmer where everything is where it should be.... :D j/k

So the struggle continues Update soooonnn.Hopefully with pics.

Before you adjust the shims do the engine flush a couple of times to get any sludge out. Then run synthetic for a month before condeming the valves.It is usually just sticking lifters not the actual shim needed if it is really loud.

Well the proces od elimanation has failed to produce any resaults now....

1: wait for oil additives to work ......might take 1500-2000 miles and a second oil change flush... :huh:

2: go ahead and takre the plunge and go for the valve shim/clearance thingy.......... :angry:

3:Wait for divine intervcention and win the lottery and buy new lex ls 400!!!!!!

The tick goes on.....tick tick tick tick tick tick :censored: