P0135 - Changed O2 Sensor, Now What?

rogue909

My father called asking about a car issue with a CEL. We read the codes and found an error P0135, little bit of googling later and I realized I needed to replace the O2 sensor. Found a DIY article, made a trip to Oreilly's and got the wrenches out.

Several grueling hours later the sensor came out (the harness is in an atrocious spot). I then replaced it with a Bosch 13441 O2 sensor (http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BOS0/13441.oap?ck=Search_13441_-1_-1&keyword=13441) and put everything back together. Cleared the CEL and gave the vehicle back.

A few days later the CEL kicks back on. I haven't opened the car back up yet.

What could be causing this? I checked the wiring for the bosch sensor online and it should be an OEM fit, no wiring modifications necessary. I also tried to find any other issues but came up dry. Most immediately it seems that I could have gotten a botched Bosch (see my pun there?) or there is a short somewhere. Before I begin opening things up again, I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this issue.

Hi Remmington and welcome to the LOC.

I would be happy to answer your question but unfourtnately I can't afford the liability insurance for the incorrect B.S. I would come up with. I'm well know for having a large amount of mechanical information wich is better suited for a skate board.

Seriously, Until someone else chimes in here I would suggest trying our search engine and it's thousands of postings. You may find several threads regarding your issue. Just go to the top of the page on the right side of the page. You will see a box where you can enter your search string.

Have a good weekend.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...