Deleting Radio Preset Stations

Might be a dumb question but it's bothering me. How do you delete preset radio stations? Just got a 2014 GS350 with Nav and Levinson. All 36 presets were already populated with the same 3 or 4 stations repeating multiple times. We don't have 36 radio stations in Hawaii much less 36 decent ones. I changed the first 22 to stations I want but now have to scroll through 14 repeating stations to get back to the begining. I know I could just start repeating the wanted stations but that would still screw up my scrolling although not as bad as it is now.

I had a 2014 IS250 (no nav) loaner and it actually had a setup screen that asked how many presets I want to use. I think that would solve my issue but the system I have does not have that feature. At least I could not find it. Dealer knows nothing!

I looked for a "return to factory default" type button but could not find one.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Hi Lyle and welcome to the LOC.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. I went through the Navigation Owners Manual and I could'nt find anything about erasing a radio preset. My best suggestion is to call Lexus Customer Support at the number beloe.

Please come back and let us know what you find out.

Paul

Phone1-800-255-3987 Lexus Customer Support

Disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes "usually" erases all the preset stations on many (all?) vehicles made by Toyota. Or you could set those 22 extra buttons to your favorite favorite stations. If you disconnect/reconnect the car battery, you may have to initialize other features ... windows ... sunroof ... VSC. Be careful or you will wind up at the Lexus dealer.

Disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes "usually" erases all the preset stations on many (all?) vehicles made by Toyota. Or you could set those 22 extra buttons to your favorite favorite stations. If you disconnect/reconnect the car battery, you may have to initialize other features ... windows ... sunroof ... VSC. Be careful or you will wind up at the Lexus dealer.

I think your idea will work! Most of my settings are at factory default I assume since I haven't changed anything (except kill 7.1 Surround) so probably not too much harm. Is there possible downsides to the VSC and other computer fancy stuff.

The "reboot" would probably work, but it is not a very elegant solution. Even thou the three of us haven't been able to find an "Official fix, I've got to believe there is a simple software step in the Nav/Radio program instead of taking a hammer to the thing.

As Jim said above, disconnecting the negative battery cable will wipe several driver presets, factory presets, and others beyond just adjusting the seat presets.

Before going to the battery reboot, I would encourage you to touch base with Lexus first.

Paul

Still have not gotten through on the Lexus phone line. Dealer said pulling the fuse for the sound system should work. Guy was not 100% sure. Said there may be a ECU/ECM feeding juice also but he doubts it. Said to try pulling the fuse first and if that doesn't work, disconnecting the battery will. Besides whatever I programmed, he said the power windows and sunroof may need to be reset. He told me to bring my car by and they'd do it free. That may be my best option.

Thanks all!

Free is good! I think by far that is your best option. In the event of anything going wrong it's their doing and responsibility.

It boogles the mind to learn that no one, even remotely, can answer this question. I'm glad it's not part of the braking system !!

I'm including a link to a company in New York called "United Radio". They specialize in automotive sound system equipment repair. They are the only company I know of that works on Mark Levinson amplifiers.

You might want to call them and ask your question and I know they would be happy to try and help. The times I have worked with them they have been very helpful.

Paul

http://unitedradio.com/automotive/

Free is good! I think by far that is your best option. In the event of anything going wrong it's their doing and responsibility.

It boogles the mind to learn that no one even remotely, can answer this question. I'm glad it's not part of the braking system !!

I'm including a link to a company in New York called "United Radio". They specialize in automotive sound system equipment repair. They are the only company I know of that works on Mark Levinson amplifiers.

You might want to call them and ask your question and I know they would be happy to try and help. The times I have worked with them they have been very helpful.

Hi Lyle and welcome to the LOC.

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. I went through the Navigation Owners Manual and I could'nt find anything about erasing a radio preset. My best suggestion is to call Lexus Customer Support at the number beloe.

Please come back and let us know what you find out.

Paul

Phone1-800-255-3987 Lexus Customer Support

Finally got through the number you provided. Unfortunately, after I asked my question, person said "our service department can best help you". She then transferred my call and it ended up at my local Lexus dealership's service dept. Sure enough, no one knows the answer. Said they'd call me back when they have the answer. I'm not holding my breath...

I think I'll just take up the Sales Dept. offer of having the service department do it at no charge. After all, someone at the dealership input the presets as they are all local stations. It did not come from Japan this way.

Spoke to my sales person and he said I can reset the entire nav/multi-media system back to factory default by going to Display, Setup, Setup. He said it will set the entire system including the nav back to factory default. Nav, phone pairing, contacts,etc will all be wiped out but not a big deal as I have not setup the nav. I have not had a chance to try it. Will do after work today.

Hey Lyle,

Realy glad you were able to finally find an answer to your dilemma. I was just wondering about "resetting" your satelite band radio. When I was setting things up in my 2013 ES, I don't recall it being programed with any thing from the Lexus factory except the Welcome/Channel advertisment pre programed and the Sat. radio itself all ready activated.

I'm wondering if you can call XM/Serius and see if they can re-initialize your radio for you and at the same time group all of your current presets to either of the ends of the Sat. bands.

This may sound like a dumb idea and in fact may very well be one !!LOL But, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Paul

• 5 months later...

Your right Matt. I had no worries with the Nav/Radio system in my 2010 ES, but when they shuffeld the software and added the "Mouse" function in 2013, this old !Removed! can't seem to tell an Ohm from a Watt. Maybe I should go back to Morse Code...lol

Welcome Matt.

Paul

• 3 years later...

• lt1vetteboy
  • 1 post
  • First Name:Matt
  • Lexus Model: IS 350 AWD
  • Year: 2014

Per lt1vetteboy If you select the station you want, you can hover the mouse over an existing station and hold down the mouse button until the new station is saved over top of the old. Just tried it and it worked like a charm!