Introduction And Some ?'s

Hello All,

Actually this car will be for my Mom. Now that Dad has his Infiniti, I have my Civic, it's Mom's turn. We found a 94 GS300 auto. w/68K miles on it for under $10K close to us. I will be going out to take a look at it this weekend and need to know what to look for. I do plan on having the delaer do an inspection on it, but I also would like to know what, if any, "quirks" this model and year might have.

Thanks,

Ken

as with any car you plan to buy first check under the hood.go thru all the fluids to start and make sure there clean and look for any sign of a additive in them like that oil that looks and feels like honey!also look underneath the car and check for leaks.check the tires for wear,brakes if possiable and what ever else you think of.

i allways drive it for awhile to make sure the temp doesnt get to hot also.look for signs of over heating.like anything orange under the hood that looks like something was spilled on it could be a over heat.

im crazy when it comes to buying a new car so i check everything 10 times over but its a good thing to do that just so you know your getting a good car.good luck with it if you get. :D

Thanks !! I will be the one doing the initial examination of the car before I take it to the delaer. However I keep hearing about a "low idle issue". Does this affect the 1st gen as well as the 2nd gen?? And has a fix been discovered?? We reside in Florida where it stays quite warm and humid for most of the year.

Thanks !! I will be the one doing the initial examination of the car before I take it to the delaer. However I keep hearing about a "low idle issue". Does this affect the 1st gen as well as the 2nd gen?? And has a fix been discovered?? We reside in Florida where it stays quite warm and humid for most of the year.

There are no "issues" with this car. If it has a low idle or a high idle it needs some preventative maintenance. At 68 thousand, it's time for the timing belt and water pump, cam and crank seals to be changed. See if it has been done, expect to pay at least a $1000 for this service. You should also replace the fuel filter, spark plugs(use iridiums), wires,cap and rotor. Possibly the oil and filter as well. power steering fluid, brake fluid, coolant, tranny fluid, rear diff and air filter. It getting expensive, but this should be done on any car at this mileage. Check the maintenance log and see what has been done, as well as who did it. I wouldn't pay over $8500 for the car, maybe 9 if the car was perfect inside and out. Learn to do the small stuff on your own will save you some money. Otherwise you'll be spending some cash. ;)

I didn't mean any offense by using the term "issues". It just seems that every car has their little idiosynchrosies (sp). I just started browsing the Lexus boards yesterday in anticipation of my Mom owning a Lexus and came across a few people w/ idle problems that dealers were unable to fix.

No problem with the "small stuff", I enjoy doing it.

alot of the idle issues was do to a pin hole or such in the intake.no big deal at all and easy to fix.i guess there was some others with idle problems that didnt have to do with the intake but not many.i wouldnt worry too much about that because either way it normally a easy fix.

good luck :D