Out With The Old In With The New

After 13 years and 290K miles I finally got rid of my 2000 platinum series GS300 and purchased a 2013 GS350 F sport. I will admit I was very very sad to see the old Lexus go but it was time. Up until 200K miles I didnt have many issues but of late repairs were stacking up. I was even somewhat emotional on the drive ("the last drive") to the dealership. Once I saw and drove the 2013 GS350 F sport, I fell in love all over again. I was so caught up that I forgot to say good bye to my old Lexus. LOL. I went from being Fred Flinstone to George Jetson. With all the tech there is a learning curve but I couldnt be happier.

I bet it is awesome. Post a pic when you get a chance!

I cried like a baby the whole day when I sold my Z28 I had had for 17 years. In fact, I sent it a Christmas card with an AutoZone gift card in it. :) Nothing wrong with loving a car.

So doing this vacation thing and havent been able to post pics, but to cope with my loss I am thinking of putting 20's on my new ride. Don't intend on overdoing it as I want my ride to remain classy yet sporty. I am adding a few screenshots, let me know what you think. Or if you have any ideas let me know as well. On the path to recovery.... ^_^

post-1266-0-63802900-1388511171_thumb.jp

post-1266-0-48323700-1388511180_thumb.jp

post-1266-0-48724100-1388511240_thumb.jp

post-1266-0-00637900-1388511263_thumb.jp

Know how you feel. Preparing my wife's 2004 GS300 for sale. Just got a 2014 GS350 but still going to miss the 300. I think the 300 six engine is legendary. Although rated at only 220 horsepower, out of the hole I swear it pulls harder than the 350. The 350 pretty much blows it away in every other respect but it still is a very special machine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My excitement for the new car normally out weighs any emotional connection that I have formed with my older car until the first payment comes in the mail! :) :lol:

Congrats on the new car and I am sure you will love this one just as much!

Hence forth, this phenomena shall be called, "David's Theorem". This theorem is derived from the postulate that HAS been proven, that every time you buy a newer car, your payments continue to go up and up.

I have a feeling my friend David, that like every other Lexus dealer, there is a sign above the showroom door saying, "Abandon hope all ye who enter Here......" LOL

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did the same and traded the 06 GS300 for a 13 GS350. I wanted the F-Sport package but ended up with a base w/ cold weather package.

I really hated the GS300. the engine and transmission was the worst performing system ever especially when the transmission's cold. It accelarated when I didn't need it to and had so little power. The brake pedal wasn't stiff even after i flushed it with reverse air pressure. :chairshot:

The 350 has power, new interior, factory warranty. :wub:
Just going to swap the exhaust with the Invidia, or Magnaflow, F-sport Intake is on its way in, clear bra and tint it in the spring or summer. Can't complaint for a commuter vehicle.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/gallery/image/2796-img-20140202-133520990-hdr1/

Congrats UCF3!!! I have the flaxen interior as well, i love it!! Recently downloaded Lexus enform app on my phone as well. Did a bing search via voice and then got listing results and mapped the nearest location. Process was simple and quick, coming from my 2K Gs300 with no bluetooth connectivity and no GPS I feel spoiled.