Loud Wind Noise At Freeway Speed

bkim004

Hi 1990LS400,

Hahahah. Got a good laugh out of your reply today. Thanks for knocking on my dense head.

I guess I just wanted someone to agree with me that Lexus has given me an opening. Now, you can forward $150 to.... Hahaha.

And thank you, Demp223, for enlightening me about window seals and airflow turbulence. If the inspection technician tries to blame the noise on worn out rubber seals, I will tell him that I was told by a Lexus tech adviser that it takes nearly a decade before rubber seal dries out to make noticeable wind noise leakage. My rubber seals looks fresh without any visible cracks.

As soon as I get my inspection at the dealership, I will update on their findings. I can't wait to find out what Lexus will do, if the inspection comes back recommending new glasses.

Thank you.

Brian.

A quick simple way to determine if it is side mirror air turbulence is to fold mirrors in while driving. If sound changes noticeably then there's issue. Alignment of glass is also easy 20 min fix if not correct. Another thing to look at are door seals. Sometimes they come out of retaining channel and don't seal correctly as they should. Just push back into slot. Today's cars are very aerodynamic and it is usually something simple. Serious problems are obvious to even a casual mechanical eye.

I'm not a lexus tech. I own Autoglass business and have been diagnosing and fixing air noise issues for decades that the factory techs just can't seem to find that are right in their face.

My wife's 2010 rx350 is acceptably quiet at 70 mph.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

I have a 2014 Lexus RX that has a hard, noisy ride - very noisy cabin and wind noise from the front passenger side -- This is my 4th Lexus, so I am able to compare to the others I had.  Was 2014 a bad year for Lexus?  I am ready to move up to a later model year, but I want to make sure I don't have this issue again.