Wanted: Chrome Grill & Front Lip Kit!

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this site....i was wondering if anyone has a METAL chrome grill that they want to sell? I am also looking for the Greddy Front Lip or any type of body kit they might have...thanks and god bless!

-V-

VsGS400

(if there is a certin place on this site for us lexus owners to buy stuff new/used...can somone please point me in the right direction? thanks...)

Are you looking for metal or just a chromed grill? I'm pretty sure there is chrome under your black grill. I also wanted a chromed grill. With an old toothbrush, some rags, a 5-gallon bucket of warm water, Bix Tuff-Job Remover, and a couple of hours, I was able to achieve a perfectly Chromed Grill for under $ 15.00.

Self Chromed

Hope this helps! ;)

Neeze

i was wondering if anyone has a METAL chrome grill that they want to sell?

I can't even think of a grille that is metal, much less someone having it for sale. Your best bet is to chrome it yourself line NeeZe did, or buy the Lexus SportDesign (or if you have the $ the Junction Produce) grille (which is partially chromed).

Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to this site....i was wondering if anyone has a METAL chrome grill that they want to sell? I am also looking for the Greddy Front Lip or any type of body kit they might have...thanks and god bless!

-V-

VsGS400

(if there is a certin place on this site for us lexus owners to buy stuff new/used...can somone please point me in the right direction? thanks...)

I have a fully chromed `02 sport design grill that is in perfect condition for $200 shipped. This includes the emblem. I paid over $385 for this combination...

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
How do i crome my grill it looks like black plastic ....how do i post a pic so i can show mine and you guys can get a better idea!

Thanks!!

just buy some paint thinner or goo b gone and useing a cotton swab place it on the grill and than it will bublr up and u can tale the black off and chrome is under...or if u want the whole thing chromed just take some painthinner ir laqure thinner and fill up a bucket and place the grill in 4 a while and just vrush off the black...

or if u want the whole thing chromed just take some painthinner ir laqure thinner and fill up a bucket and place the grill in 4 a while and just vrush off the black...

Is there a specific brand i should get?? what did you say paint thinner & laqure thinner??

i am scared :o i might mess up something...Are you SURE there is chrome under that plastic??

Please tell me exactly what to buy!!

i am scared :o i might mess up something...Are you SURE there is chrome under that plastic??

No worries...we were all there. I didn't believe anyone either...till someone told me to go out and look for myself. There are bound to be rock chips on the grill somewhere with a '98...look CLOSELY @ one of the chips and you will notice that it is indeed chrome under...I plan on doing my grill tonight so I will try to drop in and leave a note as to how it went.... :cheers:

Thanks.....

Please if it comes out good, send me a pic and let me know "exactly" what you used so i can do mine and i will post my pic also.....

Hope to hear back from you BYE~

Well...I got some paint thinner and laqure and started the process...after about a half an our of rubbing I noticed the cotten swabs getting black but noting coming off the grill....

My roomie advised paint STRIPPER? Any thoughts on this...would it effect the chrome?

Great news!!!

It really was an awesome $6 mod...or acutally $5.16 mod.

It took about an hour do do.

Supplies I used:

Q-tips

Cotten balls

Paint STRIPPER (picked it up @ Schucks Auto Supply...black can...states on the can that it removes paint and primer from metals)

I only did the vertical 'bars' on mine but can go do the entire grill later if I want...but it looks GREAT! I just used the Q-tips to wipe the paint stripper on the bars...waited about 30 seconds then wiped it off with the cotten balls....thats it. I had to do some touch up at the end as you would with any job but there you have it!

We do this mod for you if you don't have the time or patience.....

$75 we charge

http://www.lextasy.com/chrome_lexus_grille_1276_prd1.htm

1276_big.jpg

and I must say we do have the process down to an art form. (usually in 24 hours)

OR

You can but the partially chrome sport design grille for $215

1420_big.jpg

http://www.lextasy.com/gs400_sport_design_...e_1420_prd1.htm

You can but the brand new sports design grille (Fully chromed)

http://www.lextasy.com/lexus_chrome_grill_1059_prd1.htm

1059_big.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Supplies I used:

Q-tips

Cotten balls

Paint STRIPPER (picked it up @ Schucks Auto Supply...black can...states on the can that it removes paint and primer from metals)

what Exact kind of paint stripper was it...i want to buy it right away also...do u have a pick?? if so please post!!

Thanks!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

OMG...I BOUGHT THE CITRA-STRIP PAINT STRIPPER AND USED A Q-TIP, AND SET IT ON THE FRONT PART OF MY GRILLE...A 1/2 HOUR LATER, SCRAPPED IT OFF AND NOTHING BUT CHROME!!!!

B) THIS WAS THE CHEAPEST AND BEST THING I EVER DID TO MY CAR.....FOR FREE!! (returnd the paint stripper when i was done :whistles: ) shhhhhhh....

• 2 months later...
OMG...I BOUGHT THE CITRA-STRIP PAINT STRIPPER AND USED A Q-TIP, AND SET IT ON THE FRONT PART OF MY GRILLE...A 1/2 HOUR LATER, SCRAPPED IT OFF AND NOTHING BUT CHROME!!!!

B) THIS WAS THE CHEAPEST AND BEST THING I EVER DID TO MY CAR.....FOR FREE!! (returnd the paint stripper when i was done :whistles: ) shhhhhhh....

you are scum

• 2 weeks later...