Engine Conversion

I just met a guy who is doing that himself. He did all his own labor. I mean everything. From powedercoating the block to pipes and pulleys. Wiring and all. He spent 12,000 without the purchase of the car as it stands. He is not finished. It was very impressive. But not the cheap way to go in my opinion. Of course he is running a t78 greddy set up and g-force ecu. Not to mention some other extra tweaks.

I think the na-t conversion is more pocket friendly if you keep it conservative.

dont know about anyone else, but i am getting very tired of people asking about the ge-gte conversion. of course you probably heard from turbo magazine about the conversion. their project SCerious. then you decide to buy the car. ok good for you. do some research before you ask about the swap. you will find so much its not even funny, you wont be able to read it all. err sorry, just letting off some steam. people have to vent once in a while. that that was me venting. :pirate:

i plan to do everything my self as soon i get this motor lined up. i planned to get my motor like now but that isnt happening because i ended up having to work here in the motherland of JDM so i will shoot for summer. and really i dont think its that hard. i recently did a sr20 swap in my friends 240 and well all my fears of wireing have gone away, though my fears of money have not :lol:

Well, my figure is a strict 5K because I'm just going to buy a Supra and take everything off it. Rear end, axels, suspension, brakes, motor, transmission, ecu, wheels. And just sell what I don't use. And a friend of mine wants the body and my stock stuff to some how put a TT 4 litre Lex motor back in the car. So in my case, it will actually end up being less than 5K because I'll get a lot of the money back for the things I sell including the body/chasis. Plus labor costs me nothing, and parts are cost. And the entire project is a tax write off :D

This may be blasphemous, but I still don't think I would buy a new Supra. I'm getting too much into this Lexus thing.. Maybe if they did a 350/G35 type of thing, I would buy the Lex model, but other than that. Probably not.

i've also been thinking of the sc300/2jzgte swap for this summer. does any of you happen to know where is a good place to start looking for salvage sc300 bodies and a JDM 2jz? i know this one guy who found a JDM 2jzgte w/6spd for 3000 bucks. unfortunately i havent ran into him lately.

**i've been reading brief infos about this swap, and i thought i read that the jdm wont be a perfect fit like the usdm's. i dont know if it is true, can anyone verify this?