2004 Rx330 Roof Lining Rattles

jcastrillon

In addition to the dashboard rattles described in this forum, I'm also experiencing rattles which appear to come from the area of the roof liner adjacent to the front passenger door (this is the part of the roof liner which covers the passenger window airbag).

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how has it been repaired by the dealer to your satisfaction? Is there a Service Bulletin for this condition (as well as for the noted dash rattles which I'm also experiencing).

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Frustrated is an understatement.

In addition to the dashboard rattles described in this forum, I'm also experiencing rattles which appear to come from the area of the roof liner adjacent to the front passenger door (this is the part of the roof liner which covers the passenger window airbag).

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how has it been repaired by the dealer to your satisfaction? Is there a Service Bulletin for this condition (as well as for the noted dash rattles which I'm also experiencing).

check your passenger side seat belt latch it and then drive see if the noise went away.

• 6 months later...
In addition to the dashboard rattles described in this forum, I'm also experiencing  rattles which appear to come from the area of the roof liner adjacent to the front passenger door (this is the part of the roof liner which covers the passenger window airbag).

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how has it been repaired by the dealer to your satisfaction?  Is there a Service Bulletin for this condition (as well as for the noted dash rattles which I'm also experiencing).

check your passenger side seat belt latch it and then drive see if the noise went away.

I am so, so tired of all the creaks, rattles, pops, etc. in this car. I waited 18 years to buy a NEW car and this is what I got!!! My car has been in twice for the dash noises and of course they have started again along with new ones in the driver's side door and the roof. My old car, now my daughter's, 4runner has over 180,000 miles on it nd NO NOISES. I haven't had noises like this since my TR-7. YIKES!!!

It's extremely irritating, especially on long trips. And now fall is here, soon to be cold weather, which I am sure will make it worse! I purchased a NEW car to avoid car problems. My last two cars were used (although hardly) Toyotas and I never had problems like these.

In addition to the dashboard rattles described in this forum, I'm also experiencing  rattles which appear to come from the area of the roof liner adjacent to the front passenger door (this is the part of the roof liner which covers the passenger window airbag).

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how has it been repaired by the dealer to your satisfaction?  Is there a Service Bulletin for this condition (as well as for the noted dash rattles which I'm also experiencing).

TSIB #NV009-03: MOON ROOF AND HE DLINER RATTLE SERVICE TIPS

Introduction: Some customers may experience rattling conditions from the headliner areas shown below, while driving or upon door closing. The following procedures have been developed to address these conditions.

TSIB #NV006-03: INSTRUMENT PANEL RATTLE

Introduction: Some customers may experience rattle noises coming from the center of the instrument panel at the base of the windshield. The following procedure has been developed to improve the condition.

I have both in my wife's vehicle, but we have yet to have the dealer apply the TSIB's.

• 4 weeks later...
I tried to have the dealer fix these and came armed with every TSB and still no dice.

My '05 RX is three weeks old, and I'm already hearing rattles from the roof liner and the moonroof area. The rattles only occur with music though. When I'm playing anything that has low frequency noises, I hear a slight rattle above me and it drives me nuts. Has anyone else experienced a music-induced rattle like this? I'm planning on notifying the dealer, but I'm not sure what they can do about it...

My moonroof just started creaking last week. The car will be one year old next week. Taking it in. The dash has been insulated and reinstalled last spring and it still creaks. Have had creaks by the passenger door and around the steering wheel. Wish I never bought this car - all I do is listen for new squeaks and creaks.

My moonroof just started creaking last week.  The car will be one year old next week.  Taking it in.  The dash has been insulated and reinstalled last spring and it still creaks.  Have had creaks by the passenger door and around the steering wheel.  Wish I never bought this car -  all I do is listen for new squeaks and creaks.

I also have numerous rattles in my 2004 RX330, it was so bad this weeknd I took it into Lexus , they told me of a number of TSB fixes which hopefully will sort it out.

I bought this car thinking I was buying QUALITY but having had the car now for 6 months feel it no better than my wifes Suzuki wagon, which has given 6 years of faithfull service with no faults or annoying rattles, and it cost half as much as the RX.

My other gripes with this car are the transmission thumps and poor shifting , the paintwork seems to chip very easily and the touch up does not match, and lastly I hate the Air and heater controls , very difficult to get a comfortable temp and each time I get in or out the damn thing resets itself and I have to start over again.

Not my idea of luxury, after reading other comments , I wish I had seen this forum before I purchased, it would have swayed me away.