Fob Programming

I have a 2011 GS-350. I bought it used and it came with only one remote FOB. I find fob's for sale at places like eBay for around $60. I am confused about whether a used fob can be reprogrammed for my car. Info on the Internet is confusing and contradicting. So, what is the truth? Must the used fob exactly match my current one?

I have a 2011 GS-350. I bought it used and it came with only one remote FOB. I find fob's for sale at places like eBay for around $60. I am confused about whether a used fob can be reprogrammed for my car. Info on the Internet is confusing and contradicting. So, what is the truth? Must the used fob exactly match my current one?

Hi again Jim!

My answer is yes. You can re/program the FOB that came with it. However, there are some "but's". It has been different on model groups as the ignition/entry locks systems have evolved. I'm pretty confident that your model year GS is fairly easy to program. One other thing, some times the dealer will ask for a little rectangle metal piece which has a lock code stamped on it.

Come back and let us know how things turned out so we can all learn.

Paul