Rx400H Engine Cooling Fan "chirping" Sound

Definitely nothing blocking the blades, and it doesn't have any more/less play when wiggled compared to the passenger side fan.

The chirping has quickly turned into a loud rattle. No doubt it's coming from the drivers side fan. Attached is a short video clip of the sound. If i shake the fan while it's running, it starts to rattle, then goes away for a second, but ultimately comes back. It sounds like a jet engine running with broken fan blades on the highway. I can shut the fans off by turning off the heat, but... it's kind of cold outside up here in RI!

Thoughts? Dealer is quoting $200+ for the part...

IMG_1633.MOV

With all of the stuff you have done replacing it yourself would be a simple task....Those fans should be cheap at any other source.

That is probably a cheap price the fan motor runs around $174. see here :

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/1603164883-EngineAndFuel-RX400h-2008.html

item 16363

Wow $200 labor, must be a lot of beer and smoke breaks.

It could be something under/inside the fan shroud or possible, the water pump if the sound is coming from an area that is closer to the engine.

Well, the issue was with the motor itself. I took the entire fan asy. out of the car and removed the fan blade. If i turned the pin of motor with my hand, i could hear the chirp. Something internal must have gone bad... I ordered a new motor and installed it, and now the sound's gone!