May I Just Say That I Hate This Time Of Year?

13IS250C

I'm sooooo glad y'all can't see my car right now or I would be banned from the club. It is a total mudball. It has been this misty funk around here for about a week and I go through a lot of construction zones. I have mud all over my car, my rims are brown. :censored: It is supposed to be cold and icy this weekend so no clean up time there.

When I built my house, I tried to get my builder to put me a drain in my garage so I could wash my car inside, but he just told me there were all kinds of restrictions and it would cost a fortune. It sure would be nice.

I completely agree. I try to run mine through the touchless car washes just to keep it halfway presentable. But with two little ones running around my car detailing time has been cut back substantially anyway! :lol:

I completely agree. I try to run mine through the touchless car washes just to keep it halfway presentable. But with two little ones running around my car detailing time has been cut back substantially anyway! :lol:

Ahhh, aside from the far right politics in California, we are blessed with easy car care....I don't miss the days of North Dakota, South Dakota, Great memories but leave the snow on the mountain or with you folks...Enjoy your beauty however.

I'm with you, this time of year is just awful for someone who likes to keep their cars clean.

But, do not despair! This is what you need:

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html?productid=optimum-no-rinse-wash-and-wax&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CNvUseXTl7sCFdBlOgodnBsA8w

A few capfuls of this in a bottle of water, a microfiber pad, some nice waffle weave MF towels and you can wash your car in the garage with no hose and no hassle. 100% safe, won't scratch. I use it all winter. In fact, I even use it in the summer instead of hose washing a lot. I've gotten to where not a drop falls on the floor of the garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15cMHR0a0Ok

I intentionally live in parts of California with a Mediterranean climate for good reasons, including my car enthusiast tendencies are easier to enjoy.

(When I first saw title of thread, I was thinking it was about the Thanksgiving/Xmas holiday season).

Y'all are making me jealous.....STOP IT!

I washed one of my cars once when it was so cold that my hands were numb for a few days. I never tried that again. If you make your bucket of suds inside with hot water, it makes it a little more bareable.

SW03ES, I'll check that stuff out, Thx!

I thought that Santa Barbara had the only true med climate in the US> yes Sacramento area.

No, even Sacramento has many characteristics of that climate type although temp swings are a bit more extreme.

• 2 weeks later...