Sc300 Oversized Wheels

I have a 95 SC300 with stock tires and wheels. I am looking at purchasing a set of Antera 109 wheels. They are 17x8.5 for the front and 17x10 for the rear.

I want my speedometer to remain accurate so I think I would go with 245/45 17's in the front and 275/40 17's in the rear.

Are my sizes correct? More importantly, will this combination fit the car? I am pretty sure the front will be OK. It is the combination in the back that has me worried.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!

Few wheels are available with an offset that will allow you to run anything larger than a 265 or 275 on the rear of an SC, but they are available. For proper fitment of 275-40-17 you should stick with an offset above +40.

how would a 17x9 with 285/40's and a +45 offset be in the back?

Should be ok.

good; had somebody telling me that 295/40's on 17x9's would absolutely destroy the tire, so i just wanted to be sure the 285 is still a go. thanks

how would a 17x9 with 285/40's and a +45 offset be in the back?

Should be ok.

good; had somebody telling me that 295/40's on 17x9's would absolutely destroy the tire, so i just wanted to be sure the 285 is still a go. thanks

Are you going to need to make any fender modifications to make that size of tire fit on an SC? That is my biggest concern and why I started this post. I'm looking at a 17x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire. I don't want it to rub and I also don't want it sticking outside the fender.

All of this depends on how much you've lowered the car if at all, but i'll give you a blanket answer based on near stock height. 17x10 with a 275-40, you'll need an offset around +43 to +45 which is available from several mfrs, going to a 285-series will require some trimming or rolling of the inner fender unless offset is mid forties to plus fifty.

Are you going to need to make any fender modifications to make that size of tire fit on an SC? That is my biggest concern and why I started this post. I'm looking at a 17x10 wheel with a 275/40 tire. I don't want it to rub and I also don't want it sticking outside the fender.

i know i wont need any fender modifications because im buying the wheels and tires from the tire rack, so i know that they will fit without any major complications. supra offset is +38 but the sc's offset is +50, so the offset will be a major factor if your 17x10's will fit. i honestly dont know if theyll fit, but the tire rack doesnt offer any wheels with a 10" width for the sc.

All of this depends on how much you've lowered the car if at all, but i'll give you a blanket answer based on near stock height. 17x10 with a 275-40, you'll need an offset around +43 to +45 which is available from several mfrs, going to a 285-series will require some trimming or rolling of the inner fender unless offset is mid forties to plus fifty.

so a 285/40 on a 17x9 with a +45 offset will work without body modification, right?