Trac Light Comes On From 5 Minutes To 30 Minutes

daffy

Good to hear Daffy and thanks for posting the resolution. You got one heck of a good deal. Diagnosis, parts, labor and a loaner for two weeks. The loaner by itself was worth several hundred if not more.

Hi Lander,

Yes, this new dealership has really impressed me! I had just finished installing a new starter, timing belt and water pump before I took the car to them. They even noticed a coolant leak, and fixed that as well! I am now getting the front end repainted as there's lots of rock chips, and left front fender had some damage. The car should be good for another 5 years or so....

I also roamed around the new cars they had on display. Wish I was rich! I would have picked one out that day! Daffy

Yeah, I was recently at my Lexus dealer and sat in the new RC350. Wow. Wish I could take one of those home and I might...some day. I will not pay the top $$ for a new one but wait patiently for a nice used one in a few years maybe.

Hi Exhaustgases,

It's right below the accumulator for the traction control. Actually, the hose attaches to the accumulator. The whole unit is next to the brake booster. You have to pull off a plastic cover to see the accumulator. This hose has a higher pressure rating than the brake lines, I believe. That's why it's expensive. There's an electric motor that pressures the accumulator up to something like 3,000 psi or more. This is the usable pressure, that the traction control uses to apply the brakes to the rear wheels, as it needs it.

I still don't know the secret to how to bleed this unit properly.Daffy