98' Gs300 Rear Speaker Size

:rolleyes: Hey i'm a new owner/user,

I have a 98' Lex GS300 and need to replace the REAR subwoofer spaker Behind the break light can anyone tell me the speaker size and watts so i can replace with a aftermarket sub...Also whats the best one to purchase!!

Thanks!!

welcome to the club!

im almost positive its a 8 inch sub.if your going to go with a after market then you could fit a 10 inch in there.use a low watt speaker since your still going to use the same amp to push it.

also make sure its a free air speaker because alot of subs dont like to work when there not in a box.remember to get the lowest watt speaker you can though because your amp wont push a high watt sub.kicker is a good sub to think about or maybe a rockford but i dont know if they make a free air type.check around.good luck

ok confused...Need some Pure facts is it a 8" 10" or 12" sub? I just wanna put it in no mods...Quick install! (I'm a woman)

And do i need low watt if so WHAT WATTAGE?? The only thing i wasn't confused on was a free air speaker......

Please help i have this freaking popin' sound comming from it and it needs to be changed ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys!

ok confused...Need some Pure facts is it a 8" 10" or 12" sub? I just wanna put it in no mods...Quick install! (I'm a woman)

And do i need low watt if so WHAT WATTAGE?? The only thing i wasn't confused on was a free air speaker......

Please help i have this freaking popin' sound comming from it and it needs to be changed ASAP!!!   

Thanks Guys!

can you read, girlie :lol: I know you're from connecticut, but still :lol: Since you're having so many problem, I will attribute it to you being a girl. here is a link to a whole set of replacement speakers for the first or second gen GS, but you better hurry before someone else gets it. Stop playing your Britney spears CD's so loud and blowing up your speakers. ;) gs300 speakers

You owe me dinner and a massage if I ever come to connecticut.:whistles:

:  I know you're from connecticut, but still :lol:
:chairshot: and No britney is being played here! :blink: are ya CRAZY!!!

Ok so Christina or backstreet boys then , whatever girlie :lol: I am so crazy , but thats why you love me and why you're hitting me over the head with a chair while kissing me.

gee, at least if you love me, keep it to yourself, don't be telling everyone. ;)

i stand corrected!its a 10 inch!so much on my mind i thought it was 8 but it is for sure a 10 inch.

as for what kind to go for i would see about getting another stock one if yours is messed up because without a new amp its not going to push a aftermarket speaker very well.up to you though but make sure to go with a low watt if you do get aftermarket.

B) Thanks you guys for all the help!!

I made my mind up to just go with a "excellent" used stock for this problem!

Now Next question!!

If i wanted to put a decent system in my car (kicker,Amp ect...)

What would i need to do or get to have a BAGGIN' system also what percentage tints should i get 20% 35% ect.... i dont wanna mess the look up, meaning i dont want them too dark but when i drive i dont want people seeing all up in my face either!!

Thanks! :blushing:

B)

Now Next question!!

If i wanted to put a decent system in my car (kicker,Amp ect...)

What would i need to do or get to have a BAGGIN' system Thanks! :blushing:

:P First thing you would need to do is learn how to speak english, then you might be able to get a man to help you out with that kinda stuff. I would help you, but you have to be a supermodel, millionairess or nymphomaniac to get my attention. Are you any of these? Don't be lying just to impress me, girlie ;)

i think TurboGS300 is looking for a date. ;)

as for the tint 20 percent is fine.i have it on mine and its not too dark but dark enough.anything higher starts to get very light but i dont know how the police is in your town so sometimes you have no choice but to go with lighter tint.

unless of course you want to get pulled over all the time! :D

Don't be lying just to impress me, girlie ;)

Boy listen.....would you just shut up and help!! :whistles:

I dont need a date i'm married and a grown !Removed! woman at that..... (Let me feed into you a little more) I'm not ugly and in fact i need the tint so i dont have stalkers following me home, and if i speek "e-bonics" its because thats the way i CHOOSE to SPEAK!

I am just trying to "OUT DUE" my husbands Expedition :D

He has a nice truck and i'm trying to get my 98 GS300 car the same way! :P

TurboGS300 you can be a Great help dont mess it up! :cheers:

Now BACK TO BUSINESS......

So is 20% tint light or darker? does it get darker as the percentage goes down or lighter?

And i still need help with the stearo question......

Thanks!!